Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Possible bug on 5.3.011 image

icemen

New member
Joined
Apr 14, 2014
Messages
166
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Is there a bug on this image? Keeps flashing that their is a new image update last few days. Today I updated the software then search for new updates right after and it keeps bringing up same updates i just updated. The image number doesn't change still shows 5.3.011. Anyone else getting this issue?
Thanks
 
It is showing theer is an update, not necessarily an image update. Issue the following command and post back what you get.

opkg update && opkg list-upgradable

Link to guide for commands in my signature if you need it. 5.3 012 is still being built and should be released tomorrow. Best you get this done before the update is out.

Alternatively you can wait until 012 is out and the flash new image and restore. We will never know what the mystery update is though.
 
I've done that command in telnet but don't know how to post on here?
 
What do you mean you don't know how to post on here? You posted at 20:47 and 21:25. We can only help if we see what it says.
 
In putty, selecting text in the window copies it to the clipboard automatically. You can then paste it directly here (forum) or any other text editor.

Alternatively, take a picture/screenshot and attach it. Make sure it is clear.
 
Meaning i dont know how to copy the text from telnet onto here. Maybe running that command yesterday fixed it. Ihave ran command again today.
See attached
 

Attachments

  • 20191212_184853.webp
    20191212_184853.webp
    97.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20191212_184910.webp
    20191212_184910.webp
    85.2 KB · Views: 11
I have updated to 5.3.012 but it is still doing it. First update had about 82 updates, then I checked again & it say 9 new updates, if I update the system & reboot, check again another 9 updates. keeps saying there are more software updates every time?
I cant copy on my Telnet, is it hold left mouse button run it across the text and let go but it doesn't copy to clipboard. I have attached another couple of screen shots.
 

Attachments

  • 20191212_194614.webp
    20191212_194614.webp
    93 KB · Views: 11
  • 20191212_194553.webp
    20191212_194553.webp
    92.4 KB · Views: 12
I would just take a settings backup and then flash 5.3.012 with ImageManager - it takes no time at all to do this and stops you worrying about all these update issues - I never use update and rarely usb flash unless I am absolutely forced to do so.
 
I said Putty, not VuCC

I think it's Xtreme Editor that has the update

Anyway, do a flash and restore afterwards. ImageManager will create a settings backup for you.
 
My solo2 shows the same 9 updates always available, think it started with 5.3.010. Even if you click update it will still show 9 updates available afterwards.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top