Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Problems with 775 : EPG and WiFi

I read somewhere in the forum that upgrading to 776 resolved the issues with CrossEPG.....

You might want to try that as well
 
i have had the same problem for two days, new usb stick as well to try trouble shooting

stays in 1.83mb for ages and then just stays there and times out

also removed crossepg and reinstalled and now stops at 488kb

im on 782

[CrossEPG_Wrapper] -> DEMUXER /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux1
[CrossEPG_Wrapper] -> FRONTEND 1
set sequence pos 3
[SEC] setVoltage 1
[CrossEPG_Wrapper] <- OK
[SEC] sleep 900ms
[CrossEPG_Wrapper] <- OK
[CrossEPG_Wrapper] <- OK
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[CrossEPG] TUNING
set sequence pos 9
[SEC] invalidate current rotorparams
[SEC] sendDiseqc: e0316ee1f3(?)
[SEC] sleep 1000ms
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[CrossEPG] TUNING
set sequence pos 3
[SEC] setTone 1
[SEC] sleep 10ms
[SEC] setFrontend 0
setting frontend 1
[SEC] set timeout 1440
[SEC] sleep 250ms
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[SEC] locked step 0 ok
set sequence pos -3
[SEC] sleep 250ms
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[SEC] locked step 1 ok
set sequence pos -3
[SEC] sleep 250ms
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[SEC] locked step 2 ok
set sequence pos -3
[SEC] sleep 250ms
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[SEC] locked step 3 ok
set sequence pos -3
[SEC] sleep 250ms
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[CrossEPG] TUNING
[SEC] locked step 4 ok
ok > 4 .. goto 3

set sequence pos 3
OURSTATE: ok
[SEC] update current rotorparams 1435 e1f3 282
set sequence pos 4
[SEC] update current switch params
[SEC] sleep 500ms
[CrossEPG] ACQUIRING TSID/ONID
[CrossEPG_Wrapper] -> DOWNLOAD skyuk_astra2_28.2
[CrossEPG_Wrapper] <- START
[CrossEPG_Wrapper] <- TYPE READ CHANNELS
[CrossEPG_Wrapper] <- TYPE READ TITLES
2146
2146
[AutoTimer] Auto Poll
[AutoTimer] Auto Poll Started
job Components.Task.Job name=AutoTimer #tasks=0 completed with [] in None
2146
2146
[CrossEPG_Wrapper] <- TYPE PARSE TITLES
[CrossEPG_Wrapper] <- TYPE READ SUMMARIES
 
Last edited:
i have had the same problem for two days, new usb stick as well to try trouble shooting

stays in 1.83mb for ages and then just stays there and times out

also removed crossepg and reinstalled and now stops at 488kb

im on 782



Code:
[COLOR=#333333][I][CrossEPG] ACQUIRING TSID/ONID[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][I][CrossEPG_Wrapper] -> DOWNLOAD skyuk_astra2_28.2[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][I][CrossEPG_Wrapper] <- START[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][I][CrossEPG_Wrapper] <- TYPE READ CHANNELS[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][I][CrossEPG_Wrapper] <- TYPE READ TITLES[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][I]2146[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][I]2146[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][I][AutoTimer] Auto Poll[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][I][AutoTimer] Auto Poll Started[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][I]job Components.Task.Job name=AutoTimer #tasks=0 completed with [] in None[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][I]2146[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][I]2146[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][I][CrossEPG_Wrapper] <- TYPE PARSE TITLES[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][I][CrossEPG_Wrapper] <- TYPE READ SUMMARIES[/I][/COLOR]



seem all is fine, if it slow then do what i said, DO NOT USE USB STICKS there to slow. i keep saying this, use a HDD
 
I have a problem with CrossEPG too.

I upgraded 2 Solo2 boxes in the last week, one is still on 775 , the other is on 786.

Both boxes run CrossEPG and finish, but it seems to run far too quickly than I remember and no surprise, no guide data exists afterwards :-(

I have tried deleting the EPG.dat and Crossepg folder from the HDD and whilst the Crossepg folder get re-populated with the database files, the EPG.dat file does not re-appear.

UPDATE:

Switching from XEPGDB to XMLTV has worked, theres just odd channels missing like ComedyCtrl+1 which I can live with, they may have been missing previously for all I know :)
 
Last edited:
no need to setup a swap file on a solo2 it has more than sufficient memory, a swap file will just slow it down.
 
Well,
I tried again to load the latest VIX update but the result was the same EPGdownloader either was fast but didn't load anything or hangs at 195Kb (and if you wait enough ends with nothing loaded too).
So I tried as suggested above, uninstall CrossEPG and reinstall it, and everything now works perfectly! I have no idea what was the problem or how this fixed it (it wasn't the configuration as it was still there), but I am happy now.

And, as an aside, if you need to reinstall the WIFi driver for a stick that worked with the default Vix before(the other problem I had), you have to install the "R37" driver.

Thanks to all,

G
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top