Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Random Crashes VIX 2.3

  • Thread starter Thread starter nsdiesel
  • Start date Start date
My m8 and I have the same issues with both a Duo and 2 Ultimo STB, so no cure selling Duo!!
 
If the Duo has a HDD installed Try re-initializing that HDD while it's using a kernel 3.1.1 image. i'm not saying it will cure all your issues but at this point you have nothing at all to loose.
 
Hi,
I'm just transferring everything off the drive now to do this.

If I could figure out how to change the recording path it could all go straight on the NAS!

Cheers,
Gavin :)
 
Hi,
I'm just transferring everything off the drive now to do this.

If I could figure out how to change the recording path it could all go straight on the NAS!

Cheers,
Gavin :)

I'm at work rite now and cant remember the exact steps needed to change the recording path within the image, if no one else posts before i get home this evening i'll post it up for you.
 
My m8 and I have the same issues with both a Duo and 2 Ultimo STB, so no cure selling Duo!! :confused:
 
My m8 and I have the same issues with both a Duo and 2 Ultimo STB, so no cure selling Duo!! :confused:

Hence why i said if you have a hard drive installed try re-initializing it. also making statements like that without at least providing us with crash logs is of no real use to us.
 
Hi
I can get to the menu to make the changes, but can only see the bookmark of HDD/Movies and I can't change it!
I can play movies and MP3s from the NAS on the DUO no problem...
Cheers,
Gavin :)
 
I have in the past and recently m8 has and we had no reply!:confused:

just because you may not have received a reply to your logs does not mean they were not helpful to us. also try sending them via the inbuilt logs manager via the box it self as that way they all go directly to one main location where andy does not have to wade through hundreds of posts.
 
I didnt post but used the STB to send directly but my m8 has posted so its not a case of dont bother then. Why hasnt the STB route worked or is that an issue?
 
All 3 STB have had there HDD initialized from new using the latest software release, so on the latest HD format.
 
Hi
I can get to the menu to make the changes, but can only see the bookmark of HDD/Movies and I can't change it!
I can play movies and MP3s from the NAS on the DUO no problem...
Cheers,
Gavin :)

Annoyingly, if I go to New timers recording path I can see the NAS directory listed but still cannot select it. Grrrrr!
 
I didnt post but used the STB to send directly but my m8 has posted so its not a case of dont bother then. Why hasnt the STB route worked or is that an issue?

i'm not sure what you mean.

when users send us their logs via the receiver and then logs manager feature they all go into a centralized mail box which all the team are subscribed to.
all and i do mean ALL logs sent to us are looked into, we cant however much we would like to reply to every single user individually who submits their logs to us, the reason we ask users to submit their details along with their logs is so we can track those logs and where possible andy or another team member may contact that user with more questions about their setup or if possible a update on the progress of the bug report.

as i said however we cant always contact members individually but all logs are looked at.
 
Hi,
Just sent mine in via the box too. I couldn't find the @ symbol to put in my email address though! :confused:
Cheers,
Gavin :)
 
All 3 STB have had there HDD initialized from new using the latest software release, so on the latest HD format.

so you re-initialize the HDD every time you install a new image ?. if you are running a kernel 3.1.1 image and the HDD was initialized with a older 2.6.xx kernel image please if you can re-initialize the HDD using the current image. bug finding is a process of elimination and were trying to work through a few things here to see whats going on.
 
Hi,
Just sent mine in via the box too. I couldn't find the @ symbol to put in my email address though! :confused:
Cheers,
Gavin :)

the @ symbol can be accessed via the 0 ( zero ) button or by calling up the onscreen keyboard while in the menu it self.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top