Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Random Crashes VIX 2.3

  • Thread starter Thread starter nsdiesel
  • Start date Start date
hi all, im having the same problem with at least 2 reboots a day, sometimes without even using it, i can go out to work and when i come back i notice i have no epg, therefore realising that i have had a reboot.

is there anything i can do to remedy this, as it is very annoying, especially when you want to record something when i am out

thanks
 
.....I am still waiting for someone to be able to replicate the random crashes being caused by changing channels........
We are in the process of it. The crashes being random make fixing difficult, as you will understand.
Nevertheless it looks like we found a possible cause & solution: testing that I wasn't able to get any crash any more. So please keep an eye on this: the next update will contain this possible fix.
 
May sound a daft question but how do you post the crashlogs from the stb onto here.....Do you just type into the thread reply????

rgds.Tryharder
 
May sound a daft question but how do you post the crashlogs from the stb onto here.....Do you just type into the thread reply????

rgds.Tryharder

you can either press the go advanced button while making your post and uplaod the file here ( either compressed with winrar or in .txt format ) or you can upload it directly from your receiver via the inbuilt logs manager option, if you use this option please fill in your details and e-mail address so that we can track the error.

thank you.
 
We are in the process of it. The crashes being random make fixing difficult, as you will understand.
Nevertheless it looks like we found a possible cause & solution: testing that I wasn't able to get any crash any more. So please keep an eye on this: the next update will contain this possible fix.

Hi rob I understand that the crashes being random makes it difficult to even find the cause i really wasn't having a knock I was just stating that some crashes were because of the usb being un-mounted and the fix was in my link, but the random crashes were being looked into
 
Hi,
Mine crashed out on the timer again last night. There was 2 recordings one after each other on the same channel. Crash occured roughly on change over. Sorry can't find any logs on the box :(
Cheers,
Gavin :)
 
Hi,
I would imagine it's near enough the same as the other logs I've posted in this thread from when it crashed last time. Someone seemed to think it was to do with a USB tuner which I don't have installed?????
Certainly there were lots of lines listed on the screen with Python in them...
Cheers,
Gavin :)
 
Hi bat, do you have an USB flash drive with either picons or epg data stored on it connected? If so use the link I posted in post 122 to fix the USB causing reboots and freezes. It fixed the problem for me and the channel change problem is being looked into by Rob and the team.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Crash logs

hope iv'e done this right :confused: Please could you confirm whether or not i have...

rgds. Tryharder
 

Attachments

Sorry to be confusing mate....But I have a Clark-tech et9000 Tuner A is motorised and Tuner B is on 28e.........I am just learning my way around it so i dare say 1 or 2 maybe because of me playing around ( I have put a new bootlogo on it an epg and picons ) so there may well be a mish mash of crash logs. However now that I know how to post them I will upload the ones that have taken place since updating to the latest Vix Image and installing Project Valerie. The majority of crashes being something to do with recording as a couple have said the USB was full when the path for storing is actually on a 1T internal HDD with 800gig still free:( anyway i will upload those crash logs asap and hopefully they will be more helpful to you and the team....

Thanks for all your work..

Rgds. Tryharder
 
No crashes or freezing

well it has been over a week now since my last crash I used the usb fix and have set permanent time shift on and also hdd is set to standby after 5mins so i hope it has now stabilised
 
I did the opposite, removed USB altogether and stored epg, picon and timeshift on hard drive.

Its much faster when flicking through channels.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
 
yeh theres no space, where are u trying to record to again and where is your epg stored? your epg seems to be crashing when polling too, how many satellites u use for epg?
 
Hi,
EPG is set up as per post on this thread somewhere.
EPG info is on HDD.
Why was there a 13Gb timeshift file on there though?
Cheers,
Gavin :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top