Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Receiver wants to shut down after recording finishes

duoduo

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2013
Messages
2,010
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Location
North West Seaside
Hi,

I updated from 113 to 118 yesterday, I noticed later on in the evening that the receiver went into standby after a recording had finished, I was out of the room at the time. However, I had something else set to record later which I actually managed to watch live. I had to use timeshift during watching and didn't catchup by the time the programme had finished. When the programme did finish on the screen I got a meshes saying that the recording had finished and the receiver wants to shut down yes or no option displayed.

Is this a bug in 118 or could someone in my house have changed a setting somewhere during the day yesterday that I don't know about? If so please can someone point me in the direction of how to rectify?
 
Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE


We have no idea what people in your household have done or are capable of :D

The most obvious settings causing this are:
1- a deep sleep power timer
2- the box came out of deep sleep for the recording and the timer was set to afterevent = auto
 
Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE


We have no idea what people in your household have done or are capable of :D

The most obvious settings causing this are:
1- a deep sleep power timer
2- the box came out of deep sleep for the recording and the timer was set to afterevent = auto

Nor should you Rob, unless you have been stalking me?? :p Thank you for your reply but I have no deep sleep power timers setup, the receiver was fully on when this happened on both occasions.

If no one else is reporting this, then obviously a problem as occurred that is unique to me ie my issue only..
 
I´ve seen this many times (at least in the past..), I think it´s been only from first timer recording after bootup. It´ll give 30(?)sec notify to cancel shutdown. I´ll keep my box 24/7 On with no reason.
 
I've touched on in the past how my duo2 will sometimes shut down or ask if I want to shut down after a recording, even though the box is recording something else...
 
It seems to be a VU driver issue, I get random shut downs afrer recordings on a Solo2. Try removing the HDMI-CEC plugin to see if it helps.
 
Hi judge, I don't have that plugin installed on my solo2. It didn't happen last night, so perhaps it was just a one off..
 
Hi judge, I don't have that plugin installed on my solo2. It didn't happen last night, so perhaps it was just a one off..
Its installed by default using the ViX image. Its not enabled but does still cause some issues IMO.
 
I don't have this issue on my Solo2 using build 115 (fresh usb install, no settings restored).
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top