Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Recordings list

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 112665
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 112665

Guest
Only just received my equipment and struggling to find information?
In the list of completed recordings, I have found that I can make folders, bookmark them and then make an auto-timer which will put the recording in that folder.
Is there any way I can get the top level, where you can see folders, to show if there is anything in any of the folders?
I can see the names but have to open each folder to find out if there is anything in there.
 
Hi Egros,
I think you mean something like "Properties" when right-clicking a Windows folder.
That is not possible AFAIK.
You can only see what's in a folder by opening it.
Good luck and enjoy your Quad 4K
Hans
 
Grogs movie organisor will sort recordings into folders. It will only put them into folders if there's more than 1 program with the same name
Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1492j21gok9tncp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-movieorganisor_2.14_all.ipk?dl=1

Once installed go into the plugin then blue to update

Initially the plugin is not enabled so you are given the opportunity to enable



just press the right arrow on your remote to enable and you will be presented with the settings page.




The following settings need to be set :

Path to your recordings folder : using the left and right keys on your remote you must select the path where your tv recordings are stored. (I have assumed to certain extent where to get this list from, if your recordings folder isn't included please let me know)

Run every : using your left and right keys on your remote you can select between 15 minutes, half hour, hourly, 3 hours and 6 hours. The more often it runs then the sooner your recordings are sorted into folders but the more times your hdd is going to be accessed.

Remove the text 'New' from recording names : Some programs are labelled with the word New: if it's a new episode not shown before, if you set this to 'Yes' the text 'New:' will be removed.

Keep recordings marked as New separate : this option is not available if you set the above option to yes. If set to yes, episodes labelled with New: before their title are kept separate from recordings of the same program that are not new.

Run while in standby : if you set this to yes then the plugin will run 24/7, if you set to no then the plugin will not run when the box is in standby.

Pressing the RED button will CANCEL your settings.

Pressing the GREEN button will save your settings and start the timer.

Pressing the YELLOW button will save your settings, start the timer and also runs the plugin instantly. using the YELLOW button does NOT effect the timer.

Pressing the BLUE button checks for updates, if there are no updates you will see



and you can just press ok to return to plugin settings. If there is an update you will be asked if you want to install the update and reboot the box.



Selecting no will return you back to the plugin settings, selecting yes will install the new version of the plugin and reboot your box. Please make sure you're not recording when you do this as your recordings will be interupted when rebooting.

Enjoy

Grog68
 
LbCwby, no not like properties, just something simple like the folder icon would change colour or show a symbol to signify there was something in there.

dsayers, Thanks will try it out and see if it works.

Eric
 
You may try the plugin EMC (Enhanced Movie Center) which has got an option to show either the # of files in each folder, or the size of them.
I use it launching by a different remote key because this gives me the chance of having two "last path" remembered, one by RecList and a different one, in case, by EMC.
It also offers some more tools to un/select and play different multimedia files by the RecList key itself or to select them all by pressing MENU within a folder.
 
Liking EMC. Seems to do most of what I need.
The only thing with Grogs, that I didn’t like was that if I made a directory, even if I moved something into it, it deleted the directory and moved the file back to the main list!!! Only worked if I were to put two items into it?
 
The only thing with Grogs, that I didn’t like was that if I made a directory, even if I moved something into it, it deleted the directory and moved the file back to the main list!!! Only worked if I were to put two items into it?

That's how it's supposed to work, it only creates a directory when there are 2 files with the same title in the list and moves them to the directory.
If you watch and delete files it will move any solo files back to the main list and delete the directory.
 
That's how it's supposed to work, it only creates a directory when there are 2 files with the same title in the list and moves them to the directory.
If you watch and delete files it will move any solo files back to the main list and delete the directory.

Yes, I realise that and said I dont like it!
 
Grogs movie organisor will sort recordings into folders. It will only put them into folders if there's more than 1 program with the same name
<snip>
Once installed go into the plugin then blue to update
I tried this movie organiser 2.14 (which updated itself to 2.16) in my box (which runs OpenVIX 5.3.035) and it seemed to be a bit of a mess (due to font being too big mainly I think).

It made rather a mess of a few files and then, I think, stopped, or maybe it was waiting for something.

It moved a couple of recordings correctly into a folder it made with the same name, but there were many more with the same name.

But it also renamed several programs in the main folder by adding something like " part 25 (power interrupted)" to the name. But they were complete recordings and hadn't been interrupted.

I'm afraid I gave up and removed it and manually put everything back as it was.
Pity, seemed like an interesting idea.
 
Last edited:
Tags do a pretty good job sorting recordings, it could do with the odd tweek, but doesn't touch anything, so you can revert back anytime.
 
Interesting ... what is Tags and how to use?
I mean I know what a Tag is ...

Thanks


... getting there.
 
Interesting ... what is Tags and how to use?
I mean I know what a Tag is ...

Thanks


... getting there.

A good question, not totally sure of the answer. :)

I reckon long press yellow will get you a "tags" when in the recording list. It gives you "pseudo folders", using the program title as the name of the folder.

You can add your own tags to timers if you want.

"Show all tags" will put you back to the normal recording list.

The reason I wasn't absolutely sure is because I remapped sort in the recording list to tags years ago, so my box looks different.
 
Last edited:
That is OK, I will try Grogs and see what's what.

Then Tags, when I find out exactly how.

Pity such an important section does not exist or it is not part of OpenVix.

... but FIRST I need to mount our new TV cabinet and then tomorrow strip everything out and rebuild connections with 70% less clutter!

aaaaaa - finally!
 
I'd start with tags, as Grogs make real changes to your recordings list as far as I'm aware. You'd have to undo them manually if you don't like it.

In case you missed my edit, long press yellow in the recording list gets you to tags.
 
I think Grog designed the plugin to replicate the behaviour of the file list on Sky+ receivers:


MOVIE ORGANISOR by Grog68

This plugin will move series of recordings into sub folders, so all of your eastenders recordings will be put into an eastenders folder making them easy to find.
When there is just one recording left in a sub folder that recording will be moved back to the main file list and the folder removed.
 
Yes, I realise that and said I dont like it!

I stopped using it for the same reason.

At first I thought it was a good way of organising my recordings into folders rather than having to create them manually before setting the timer. I soon realised the issue of the folder being deleted when there were none or only 1 recording in the folder. It then became annoying with the recordings sometimes being in a folder or listed as a single file.

What I was after was a similar functionality to my old Foxsat where it automatically put recurring recordings into folders by default. It's a shame there isn't an option to do this, but I guess you cannot cater for everyone's needs and wants.
 
I believe what OpenVix really miss is:

1. External/Internal Drives control Panel [obvious to me]
2. Recording Manager

By the way, tried to install Grogs, it says done, but never installed!

Does not matter, as I see that most wish to get rid of it ...

Will try tags, but this 'lack' of Recordings Control is just a huge lack, I believe.

To me it makes all the good OpenVix is taken 'away'.

Even with OpenWebIf, you have limitations - that could be where we could have HDD and Recordings Control Panels.
Just a guess!

At this point the internal HDD becomes a bother [being internal], as it might be better to have it external, so you can connect to your computer and manually add/organise folders and recordings, but that I also guess might create problems of wake-on-off ... possibly?
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top