Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Recordings list

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 112665
  • Start date Start date
Every body else seems to manage ok. :)

And it isn't difficult to view your hdd over the network.
 
I believe what OpenVix really miss is:

1. External/Internal Drives control Panel [obvious to me]
2. Recording Manager

By the way, tried to install Grogs, it says done, but never installed!

Does not matter, as I see that most wish to get rid of it ...

Will try tags, but this 'lack' of Recordings Control is just a huge lack, I believe.

To me it makes all the good OpenVix is taken 'away'.

Even with OpenWebIf, you have limitations - that could be where we could have HDD and Recordings Control Panels.
Just a guess!

At this point the internal HDD becomes a bother [being internal], as it might be better to have it external, so you can connect to your computer and manually add/organise folders and recordings, but that I also guess might create problems of wake-on-off ... possibly?
1. What exactly do you meanby 1.??? You have Mountmanager installed that controls how the disk is recognised.
2. Again - explain what you think a recording manager does - I am really at a loss as to what you are missing.
3. I have no issues either installing or running with Grogs - works for me.
 
1. What exactly do you meanby 1.??? You have Mountmanager installed that controls how the disk is recognised.
2. Again - explain what you think a recording manager does - I am really at a loss as to what you are missing.
3. I have no issues either installing or running with Grogs - works for me.

I do not have any difficulties in viewing anything with OpenWebIf like 'anyone' else - I am merely adding some thoughts.


1. Drives 'managing' is not just mounting/recognising, a Control Panel would let you actually 'Manage' the drive to: Create/Delete/Rename/Copy/Paste/Move folders 'and' files properly, but of course this is just my thoughts.
I saw a Plugin called File Manager, but it is just basic and it is not yet in full screen mode.

2. Recording Manager: similar to the way Grogs works, but 'managed' by the user, including 'setting' automatisms etc.

3. Grogs: I simply installed it, using OpenVix [it did says done] - I did not [and cannot] do anything different when installing.
I am NOT an idiot too. It did not install or so it seems, as I do not see it in Plugins or anywhere else.

Can anyone reply with images/prnt/scr, of Grogss when installed - starting from the point where it is listed before you run it?


Please be kind, I do not understand why I get 'crowded' as soon as I 'personally' find a couple of things that 'in my view' need improving.

Discussing is 'progressing', arguing is 'regressing'.

We are all friends here trying to use a system the best way we can and the way we wish.
 
Thanks

In the meantime I went again to look after last night - did a reboot and Grogs is there!
I also installed Terminal [if/when is needed] on OpenWebIf and it 'finished' installing ONLY after this re-boot.

I just switched Grogs ON, will look at it later on tonight, as I have a new TV cabinet to install after removing a mountain of old cables and devices - only left there to stop cat getting into 'wiring'!

I guess there are some Extensions that need re-booting when they either get stuck - i.e. do not finish installing, etc.
Re-boot seems to always work.

Last night when installed Grog, the whole System was not responding to remote control - even the Front LCD was stuck.
Re-booting fixed it.


Well, a reboot helped!
 
Yes, I agree.
Did a few recording of 2-3 series and Grog did not put them in folders.
I even used the yellow button to make it sort them now.
Then I created a folder manually, moved files.
Then opened folder, they were not there!
Used file manager and files were there and I moved them back to movie folder.
Deleted all recordings and uninstalled grog, waiting for afew recordings, i. A few days I should see if it works.
Dud reboots and also updated grog before chosing yes, to enabke it.
It is enabled as it also shows green icon.

Lets see what happens.

I tried long press yellow within recordings, nothing happened.
Overall all works but sorting.
 
After deleting all recording and re-installing grog [GUI reboots an all!], I found it did put 'some' recordings in 3 folders, BUT ...
it did create folders based on data/time/etc. and mixed everything up, because it is DATE/Time related - of course, why?

Some are not even in a folder and should be.

I did some manual Folder changes and found there are certain operation things work or not in regarding Create/Rename/Folders etc. and 'especially' MOVE [green] button!
I learned NOT to use it, as 'every' time I do a recording disappear within the created folder, I am guessing there is a folder/file permission' problem in Grog - maybe only related to Gigablue?

I used the MENU button 'instead', to do creation and moving and almost all the time files WERE there where I moved them.
It almost works!

It is just as mentioned at the beginning!
Strange

Also why is there an option to ***/media and ***/media/ on the Organisor Plugin Setup? and what is the difference?
Note the forward slash
I noticed 'some' differences as some recorded programmes disappeared [after GUY reboots] and I also checked the Recording Timers list - each one of them and they ALL use ***/media/!

I am only trying to make Grog work as it would suffice me, then if all fail, I will try the TAG thing, but does TAG only works when GROG is ENABLED - i.e. part of it?

Sorry for being ignorant on this matter... as I am slowly getting 'back' into 'Linux' thinking [it actually is 'different' from Windows in some ways] - I used to play with Linux installations on PCs many years ago.

This is the most important thing on a recorder, auto organising them or it will be a long ,list of nonsense.


I do love the 'liberty' of this receiver - as I am myself, a free-spirit.

PS as mentioned, if I use File Explorer plug-in, I see ALL files, they have NOT disappeared, as I though - Grog does not detects them.
 
Last edited:
Tags have nothing to do with Grog, they're a simple option in standard ViX.

As I've tons of series recordings still to watch, Tags does everything I want. I've a few permanent folders for "soaps", the rest of the recordings just end up in movie list.

Shame you didn't try that first.
 
Thank for the info.

I believed if Grog worked would suffice my needs = Humax really.
I am guessing it is not that good on this Gigablue receiver then.

I am still using Humax for 'safe' recordings, while still testing - taking ages now!
:confused:
 
I think you are correct, probably the best of solutions and 'we' manage it.

I am also exploring a bit more OpenWebIf [when I can] to learn my way around and now I am connected using Filezilla [I normally use since ever] too and downloading Movie folder etc. - just checking out things and to re-list all recordings ONLY on Movie folder and put it back 'after' I disabled Grog or uninstalled.

Is a Password really needed? [i.e. security ... router ...] - I am a Security Nut!
 
Last edited:
When we move over to 5.4 ViX you will need to set a password when using FTP, it will be mandatory


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I used Filezilla to put all recordings back into the Movie folder - deleted created folders, then rebooted.

Then I uninstalled Grog and rebooted again [just to be safe!].

........


Another 'strange thing' I thought was Grog's fault is, when/if I create a Folder [series name] and move recordings in there, 'sometimes' the folder is empty and I cannot find the file anywhere!
Never understood why - even after GUI or complete reboot.

I went to FTP and they ARE there [obviously], put them back to Movie folder.

Any idea what is happening? The 'God of Messing up' is against me!!
:confused:

Then if I FTP the same episodes within the created folder [created via remote] and then open Movie folder again - they are NOT there as well!
I put them back into Movie folder and they are visible without GUI reboot!

I like order... , me!!

Problem reading folders? A bug?
 
When you create a folder, you need to create a bookmark using the GUI to point to it - I'll let you find out how.:)

It's probably one of the most difficult things to work out, so when you have, everything else will be a doddle.
 
Last edited:
I think I remember that .. yes ... I did not think I needed to do it for these folder creation.

OK, that will work then.

Yes, also I understood the Yellow Long Press thing now.

Thanks for your continuous help.
 
Page 51 of OpenVix manual - explains it.

But I just added a Bookmark within the recording list.
Easy too when you know how - already forgot!
hahahahah

I am wondering if a folder created within Filezilla can be I can BOOKMARKED within Filezilla, if you get what I mean.

Far easier.
 
Easier to issue "init 4" command, in file called "settings" located in /etc/enigma2, you will find a list of recordable locations. Edit, save, transfer back, then issue "init 3" to restart enigma2
 
Thanks, but at present I am avoiding talking directly to Enigma 2 unless necesary... it is now doing what I need ... and I have just backed it up and also Imaged it.
Anyway, now I believe I almost have all I need - I have just on thing left to solve, but it might be to do with EPG data.

i.e. once in a while ONE series on Auto-Timer setting takes 5 episodes - one of which is all I need - other episodes are older and from different series.

Apart from that, all seems fine now I generally know ho Enigma 2 mind works.

NOTE:
Since I already had quite a few recordings, I used Filezilla to create folders, move files in 1-2 minutes via PC.
Then went to Receiver and added Bookmarks on all Directories I just created.
That too was pretty fast, once you know how to do it.
I mean literally 10s each folder - once inside the bookmark page.
I also rebooted.
Done!
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top