Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] Remote control nuisance

  • Thread starter Thread starter jukkal
  • Start date Start date
J

jukkal

Guest
Sometimes when I skip commercials in the recordings using the 3 and 6 keys of the remote control, the Ultimo decides to mute its output. This is a bit awkward, because I have set the remote to command my TV volume and power, so also the mute key controls the TV and nothing is left in the remote control to unmute the output. So whenever this happens, I have to get up from the couch and press the + key on the front panel to hear the sounds again.

I understand that sending wrong codes is probably a hardware bug in the remote control and so it can't be fixed with the image of the receiver, but a workaround could be to have an option in the remote control settings to disable the mute command.
 
I've had this plenty times before, use an app on your phone like dreamote to solve this
 
If you would have filled in the build number instead of two times the build name we might be able to provide an answer.
 
I haven't noticed that issue on 021 using Solo2.
 
I had this last night when i pressed 9 to skip 5 mins, i'm currently on build A.025

I'm not sure if there are any logs I can supply?
 
Again this happened last night when I was using '6' to skip.

Is there any info I can provide to help resolve this?
 
Sometimes when I skip commercials in the recordings using the 3 and 6 keys of the remote control, the Ultimo decides to mute its output. This is a bit awkward, because I have set the remote to command my TV volume and power, so also the mute key controls the TV and nothing is left in the remote control to unmute the output.
This old issue seems to have re-emerged.
It just happened to me again, for the first time after July. With Ultimo running Apollo 37.
I pressed '3' or '6' (not sure which one) on the remote control, and the box muted its output audio.
 
With the Hades18 and the current 005 I have this issue with Duo2 :-(
_Very_ annoying as the mute button is used for the TV. Only way to recover is to reboot the box or the phone app. Ones I've managed to press number buttons unmute but this really aren' the option.

Is there way to disable the mute function of the box with some patch or something?
 
You might be better off starting a new thread if you want to get attention - I know I nearly abandoned on page 1 as the thread is so old :coffin:
 
ive had this problem too and it is damn annoying to say the least but if you go into webif you can unmute the box without rebooting
 
Happens to me too every now and then even with the new images.
So the problem wasn't solved for good. Maybe it just didn't happen with some image, but it has returned later.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top