Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue UHD QUAD 4K] Restoring Plugins - Can't Recall Process

CRMS

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2020
Messages
339
Reaction score
2
Points
18
I'm trying to flash 6.0.008 to update 5.4.016. I backed up the previous image and the system did it again. 6.0.008 was downloaded over the network.
But plugins weren't reinstalled and I had a message about connecting network to reinstall plugins. Network is reinstated but no plugins reinstalled.
I also don't seem to get an option to flash with settings restore.
I've gone back to 5.4.016, and plugins all present.
Help??
 
If you flash and restore settings without a network connection, you can restore plugins at a later time from menu/setup/vix/backup manager/yellow to restore backup selected.
 
Flashing is one process. Restoring settings is another process.

Unlike other images, the creation of settings restores is within Backup Manager, it is independent of flashing process. The creation of a settings backup is defaulted to on when you perform a Software Update or flash an image using Image manager.

On a new flashed Vix image, uou will be offered the restore option if it finds a settings backup on the storage device. The restoration of plugins is re-installing from plugin server and needs a configured network. Unless you have backed up ipk.

As above, once you set up network, you can manually apply the settings backup. That is done in Backup Manager, not Image Manager.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top