Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue QUAD+ PLUS] Samba and Network

leshay

New member
Joined
Sep 6, 2014
Messages
289
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Livingston, Scotland
Hi
I note the post by Rob van der Does regarding Samba, but I am at a loss as to the procedure to transfer the two files across from my PC. I think it would involve Telnet - if so, can someone walk me through the steps to get these 2 files over? I am using Windows 8.1 on a Surface Pro 3, with a wireless connection to my router which in turn the Gigablue is hard wired to. I have Samba on the Gigablue which refuses to start (maybe this is the issue addressed by these 2 files). I have never used Telnet before.
 
You seem to be confusing 3 different networking protocols.
Telnet, samba and ftp. Google will show what each does.

You can still use ftp to transfer any files even if you haven't got samba working yet.
 
You seem to be confusing 3 different networking protocols.
Telnet, samba and ftp. Google will show what each does.

You can still use ftp to transfer any files even if you haven't got samba working yet.

Use Filezilla, it is the easiest with a GUI client. Try quick connect, use the IP address of your ViX box, and Root as the account with blank password if I recall correctly.

In the right hand pane you can tree walk to enigma2/samba; you can then delete or rename your smb.conf and rename the smb.opkg file to smb.conf - all will be good then, and Samba will start
 
You seem to be confusing 3 different networking protocols.
Telnet, samba and ftp. Google will show what each does.

You can still use ftp to transfer any files even if you haven't got samba working yet.

I didn't mention ftp, but your mention of my confusion is correct. I will try ftp now.
 
Use Filezilla, it is the easiest with a GUI client. Try quick connect, use the IP address of your ViX box, and Root as the account with blank password if I recall correctly.

In the right hand pane you can tree walk to enigma2/samba; you can then delete or rename your smb.conf and rename the smb.opkg file to smb.conf - all will be good then, and Samba will start

Hi
Thanks, have used Filezilla to rename 2 files, then copied over Rob's 2 files and all working now. Filezilla looks good.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top