Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Samba Not Working

It's fine on my Solo2 running 3.2 10 which was a clean fresh usb flash with no restore of settings.

I just did it via Network > Samba and chose yes to everything (two prompts if I remember correctly) and rebooted.
 
Sorted now, I stopped FTP and restarted Samba then restarted FTP, all good now.

Thanks.
 
I have a similar issue since going to 3.2.009. I can start FTP, Telnet and Samba but even if I have unset and reset with "Autostart" activated, after restarting the box FTP etc do not autostart. I have followed the latest instructions regarding Samba. I would appreciate any suggestions on what to try.

Regards (ps My setup is in my signature)

I forgot to add, I flashed 3.2.009 image with settings installed from backup.
 
Last edited:
Do what Rob told me to do in post 1.

Thanks Lammy. I had already followed Rob's advice, however after your comment I uninstalled Samba and started again. FTP, Telnet and Samba are working ok again. Cheers
 
Thanks Lammy. I had already followed Rob's advice, however after your comment I uninstalled Samba and started again. FTP, Telnet and Samba are working ok again. Cheers

Hi Lammy Yet again after my overnight reboot, this morning Samba, FTP and Telnet not running. I can restart using the green button but clearly the Autostart is not working. Any further suggestions? Regards
 
Rob's the man for this problem, I have not tried a reboot yet, but I'll give it a go in the morning and let you know.
 
I'm having a similar issue. Just updated to 3.2 021 and Samba refuses to start at all. I can set it to autostart but it doesn't, auto at switch on or manually. Turned off FTP as suggested but samba still won't even try to start. Any suggestions?
 
What build did you update from?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I updated from the last Hades build... 18 was it? Fresh flash with restore. I've not tried without restore but I've read it's ok with restore from Hades.
 
Problem is caused by the file being restored, not the file that is in the new image.

I suppose problems like this could be avoided by first deleting the offending file and then making the backup file to be restored after flashing?
 
I suppose problems like this could be avoided by first deleting the offending file and then making the backup file to be restored after flashing?

When you restore, you put the older file in over the new, good file. Hence the need for replacing the file again.
 
When you restore, you put the older file in over the new, good file. Hence the need for replacing the file again.
But when you delete the file before making the backup, there IS NO older file in the backup to be put over the new, good file.
 
But when you delete the file before making the backup, there IS NO older file in the backup to be put over the new, good file.
Interesting point, I'd expect the backup would restore the lack of file rather than leaving the new file untouched. I'm sure someone will inform us.
 
hello everyone ,
apologies for jumping thread but can somebody tell me what is SAMBA and what used for ...sorry for ignorance but never used only just noticed under network also other items under network like ushare setup ,openVNP, nfs setup, miniDLNA setup and Inadyn setup.

All of which I don't comprehend what there for.

Thanks
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top