Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Samba workgroup name

I never changed it and it's WORKGROUP on every PC, I can't remember wich version, but there has been a Windows version that used WERKGROEP as default on dutch version, but that's a few years way way back already, could have been Win 95/98/2000
 
My Win7 PC has MSHOME as the workgroup which was the default when I loaded win7.

It does not matter what it is, the important thing is to check what it is on the PC by checking the Control Panel System tab.
 
My Win7 PC has MSHOME as the workgroup which was the default when I loaded win7.

It does not matter what it is, the important thing is to check what it is on the PC by checking the Control Panel System tab.

Exactly, and since not many people will have a workgroup called vix, then that will make them change it to the workgroup required... :sofahide:
 
The reason I made this suggestion was that the starting point should be what captures/applies to most people. People who have a different workgroup name can change it. Just like they do now.

From my checking the default for windows 7 and 8 is not VIX
 
Last edited:
Andy committed the Fix yesterday.

Code:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commit/d66bf01ecbe56fb547b4c9ad109062e99d5fd9fe

[samba] revert workgroup default back to ‘WORKGROUP’.
 
But the real issue is to change the workgroupname in ViX: one has to stop E2, manually edit the samba config and restart E2.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top