Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET8x00] Screen Sizing after Update

techygirl

New member
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I updated my ET8500 via Image manager to 5.2.001 but I don't appear to have the display settings correct although I selected the same settings when going through the install (HDMI - 1080p - multi). On previous updates everything goes through fine and I never have any problems.

On some channels, when I go into any of the menus such as guide or settings the display is too big for the screen. I tried reinstalling but with the same result. On investigation the channels affected are - non-HD channels such as BBC1 NE&C, ITV2, Dave, etc. It affects both Freeview and Satellite.

Unfortunately I don't understand enough about the display settings to diagnose what I need to do.
The Video settings are as follows:
HDMI
All Resolutions
no
5 seconds
1080p 24Hz
1080p 24Hz
1080p 24Hz
1080p 25Hz
1080p 30Hz
500
Auto
Auto
yes
yes
0
0
 
What TV have you got? Most TVs have an overscan feature thats enabled which you need to disable/turn off. On my LG TV it is called “Just Scan” in the Display settings. My old Panasonic was called “Overscan”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Usually when “All Resolutions” is set to Yes can bugger the picture up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
It is a cheap one - Hitachi 50HB6T72U Smart. I can't see anything in the menus about overscan or similar but will look in the manual tomorrow.

But I have changed the All resolutions to disabled and it appears to have cured it. 👍🏻
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top