Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo] Several bugs in Hades

MrFun

New member
Joined
Dec 26, 2011
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi.

First of all, Thank you for spending time developing the VIX software.

Now for the problems. I have two VU+ Solo + one VU+ Solo2 and have had some problem with the later VIX software.
All units connected to network with cable and one HDD fitted into the Solo2.

* Remounting of shares don't always happen if restarting unit.
The two solos now a days mount the HDD that is fitted in the Solo2, this since later VIX versions gave me trouble when trying to record on a Windows Home server (WHS).
All units also mount some file areas on the WHS server. A lot of times I need to remount them manually since this won't work automatically :/ Problems on both Solo and Solo2.

* Playback of large BR movies on share will make the Solos get stuck with the VIX symbol just spinning. On older VIX I could do playback even though unit interface was slow
when doing so. No problems at all on the Solo2 with old or new software.

* EPG - Coss EPG have not work for a loooonnggg time on the solo. Unit simply lock itself after half job cycle. Solo2 have no problems at all. Only EPG for Sweden is imported.

/BR
 
Hi,
Solo only has limited RAM. Did you use swap and a flash drive? CrossEPG needs quite some memory.

ciao
 
I used to have a 2GB USB flash memory fitted on the backside, but that didn't work well configured as swap drive :(
 
Hi,
I think without swap CrossEPG will always make trouble. Did you try xmlimport?

ciao
 
Hi,
I fitted a faster 4G USB flash and configured swap (128MB). Now playback of mp4 movies work great. EPG however works half good...
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top