Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET10x00] Software locking up when scrolling through EPG

For Info.

For the past 12 days having reverted back to 5.1.021 because .022 was locking up I haven't seen even a hint of the problem.

This afternoon I software updated to 5.1.024 and within a short time a complete lock-up again when scrolling through the graphical EPG (Vix-Night_Hd skin)

Log attached.

View attachment Enigma2_debug_2018-04-11_17-04-20.zip
 
I can't replicate any kind of lockup you've described on loads on many boxes that I've tested. Got to be something specific with your setup.

What tuners do you have? I've got a ET10K, going to try setup like yours. Anything special about your setup?
 
I can't replicate any kind of lockup you've described on loads on many boxes that I've tested. Got to be something specific with your setup.

What tuners do you have? I've got a ET10K, going to try setup like yours. Anything special about your setup?

My box is only being used for UK Freesat and UK Freeview##

4 tuners - see attached images.

tuner1.webptuner2.webptuner3.webp
 
Why are you using advanced tuner setup for the two satellite tuners? Have you tried simple > single > Astra 28.2?

I’ll setup later this week when I get a chance.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Why are you using advanced tuner setup for the two satellite tuners?

Possibly because it's been working that way since Aug 2015

Have you tried simple > single > Astra 28.2?

Changed to simple -> single, software updated to 5.1.024 and second time into Graphical EPG the lock-up occurred
 
No import of EPG, only gathered over the air.

EPG stored on USB stick (but has been working ths way for some considerable time)

EPG_set1.webpEPG_set2.webpEPG_set3.webp
 
There are essentially two commits between 021 and 022. One is a re-application of existing code after removal to facilitate merging (elist centering). The other is the tuner lock for receivers with drivers that are like the hd51. The issue I experienced resulted in a spinner for over an hour until I got home. Others are unable to reproduce it, I cant consistently reproduce it.
I'd be suspicious of that latter one, then. The process does seem to be waiting on a lock.
 
I've just tested on a ET10K, same setup, issue replicated. Not sure of the cause though.

Not had a chance to read all this thread. Have you test OpenATV?

Theres some new drivers in OE-A git, I'm going to build a developer image and re-test next week before we delve any deeper.
 
Sorry to be a pain, would you be able to test briefly with OpenATV please? AutobouquetsMaker is in their plugs > system plugins feed.

I've been running with openATV for over an hour now with no lock-ups.

openatv.webp

I believe I've configured it the same, or almost the same, as VIX although it didn't help that some of the menu items were still in German until a second reboot :confused:

I only set up two bouquets: an "all freeview" and an "all freesat" using ABM. I haven't pruned any channels from these bouquets and I haven't constructed my favourites bouquet.

I'll keep checking for around another hour before reverting back to Vix
 
I'll keep checking for around another hour before reverting back to Vix

No EPG scrolling problems found with the OpenATV. I prpbably went into the EPG around 50 times and performed short and very long scroll sequences.
 
Ideally, when comparing between images, it has to be identical (or close to) as possible so with regards to your bouquets, could you use the same bouquets in both images? Whether that be the full blown custom ones you mention that you use in Vix or just few ABM created ones that you used in ATV.

Bouquets can be found in /etc/enigma2 and are files ending in .tv (or .radio) and can be copied and pasted if need be or just delete all bouquets in Vix and create just the basic ones you mentioned you used in ATV. Obviously ensure you have a backup of image.
 
Ideally, when comparing between images, it has to be identical (or close to) as possible so with regards to your bouquets, could you use the same bouquets in both images? Whether that be the full blown custom ones you mention that you use in Vix or just few ABM created ones that you used in ATV.

Bouquets can be found in /etc/enigma2 and are files ending in .tv (or .radio) and can be copied and pasted if need be or just delete all bouquets in Vix and create just the basic ones you mentioned you used in ATV. Obviously ensure you have a backup of image.

Sicilian, and others, have now seen the same problem and probably are using genereric ABM generated bouquets but not the same custom bouquets.

The 2 bouquets I used on OpenATV were gerenerated with exactly the same settings as I used to generate the 2 bouquets on OpenVix and which when selected in Openvix 5.1.022/024 cause the lockup. In addition, OpenATV seems to fill the directory with 10s of bouquets for every provider under the sun wheras OpenVix just limits bouquets to those requested and a few others such as last scanned.

And just to make sure:
Software update to 5.1.024, Stopped the box with a telnet session and an init 4, deleted all bouquets, deleted epg.dat, restarted the box with an init 3, ran ABM for freesat and freeview.
Waited a few minutes for EPG to start populating then the second time into the graphical EPG screen/freesat bouquet the box locked-up.
 
5.1.025 installed for around 6 hours.
No lock-ups so far so it looks if the problem is fixed for me.
Thanks.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top