Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno4KSE] Software Update Not Working

spevs

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2012
Messages
270
Reaction score
6
Points
18
Hi I have a Vu Uno4KSE running Vix 6.4.008 with no issues or problems, however, I see the latest image is 6.4.010 so I thought I'd do a Software Update to the new image. After running Software Update it tells me there are 109 packages to update, I select update and the box appears to backup the current image and then download the updates and reboots but when it comes back up it is still showing 6.4.008. Anyone have thoughts..............?
 
I gave up doing software updates and only when needed a reflash with a new image as what you might have been doing is adding to your image and not upgrading.
 
The only real way to find out what the problem is to perform thr update by console/terminal

init 4
opkg update
opkg upgrade

This should show any problems. They may or may not be easy to go past. Once done, to reboot

init 6


Might be just easier to flash newer image using image manager and then restore settings/plugins. This is not a fix, it just avoids the issue.
 
I'll try that and post my findings
 
The only real way to find out what the problem is to perform thr update by console/terminal

init 4
opkg update
opkg upgrade

This should show any problems. They may or may not be easy to go past. Once done, to reboot

init 6


Might be just easier to flash newer image using image manager and then restore settings/plugins. This is not a fix, it just avoids the issue.

Thanks for the info Abu Baniaz, your suggestion worked a treat now on 6.4.010..................:thumbsup:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top