Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Solo2 and Duo Zeus software update constant flashing

stevejd2001

New member
Joined
Feb 15, 2012
Messages
184
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Since the update to zeus when i update software there appears to be picon updates "left behind" so it triggers the software update icon so its flashing even though updated

Is this now the norm?

If so whats the purpose ?

attached screen dump for today showing that it thinks there are updates
 

Attachments

  • 2014-03-21 08_30_21-Open Webif.webp
    2014-03-21 08_30_21-Open Webif.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 58
You must have installed all of these at one time, just remove them all from your plugins then this should correct this
 
You must have installed all of these at one time, just remove them all from your plugins then this should correct this

i have installed none of these - these are in standard vix plugins
are you suggesting unistall everytime these are updated ??
 
I'm sure Oscram picons are not standard.

These must be getting picked up from your USB or hdd where you have installed them before. Uninstalling them one time should fix this or format USB if stored on there
 
Please use the following telnet commands:
Code:
opkg update
opkg list-upgradable
The output will tell you what updates are available.
 
Please use the following telnet commands:
Code:
opkg update
opkg list-upgradable
The output will tell you what updates are available.

Carried commands out - appeared to download and install from feeds --- still same display on STB and icon still flashing :)

Notice that the picons shown on update do not update and therefore are missing from plugin menu.2014-03-21 11_59_32-Open Webif.webp
 
Last edited:
Nope, it doesn't install from the feeds, it only shows what is available. So please post the output of
Code:
opkg list-upgradable
 
Nope, it doesn't install from the feeds, it only shows what is available. So please post the output of
Code:
opkg list-upgradable

apologies for being a pain and not that clued up on telnet.
where does one file the output file? , or is it just whats in the telnet window?
 
OCRAM PICONS no longer on plugin feeds , and still come up with the software update - anyone confirm
 
UPDATE: its because i have had the picons previously on my HDD

how do i get rid of all traces without formatting --- previously only deleted picon folder which i ftp'd over
 
I have similar issue on my Vu solo 2 , since updating this morning to version 12, I get update flash & if I click to view update files, then there are none & if I select option 2 to update all it gets stuck on 18/100 of image installation which require box to be switched off. I have my picons on hard drive anyway?
 
I have similar issue on my Vu solo 2 , since updating this morning to version 12, I get update flash & if I click to view update files, then there are none & if I select option 2 to update all it gets stuck on 18/100 of image installation which require box to be switched off. I have my picons on hard drive anyway?

LOL i get five updates --- 3 off for the ocram picons and 2 off unknown for build v12
 
UPDATE: its because i have had the picons previously on my HDD

how do i get rid of all traces without formatting --- previously only deleted picon folder which i ftp'd over
If you've properly installed them OPKG 'knows' they are installed, whether you manually delete them or not.
So properly de-installing (via plugin browser) will correct that.

I have similar issue on my Vu solo 2 , since updating this morning to version 12, I get update flash & if I click to view update files, then there are none
That will be fixed in build 13.
 
If you've properly installed them OPKG 'knows' they are installed, whether you manually delete them or not.
So properly de-installing (via plugin browser) will correct that.




That will be fixed in build 13.



cheers rob DOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH ------------- i forgot to unistall from plugin menu hence they would not show up in feeds etc ----- 1st prize plonker ---- simple things sometimes
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top