Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Somemore Updates are online.

Why you laugh ??

i have 10 Beta Testers and all are at different Boxes...

from VU+ to all Dreamboxes from 800 to HD 8000

and all told me the same !!!

my code and your code from the Bouquet have the same speed...

so i can look around 30 different Boxes with a lot of different Images...
and the only one who say the code is slower are you with VIX...

you don't think it's a problem from your image then ??

and my code have no windows who go open!!

so for me.. i let my code in

all Dreamboxes and Vu+ with VTI are very happy with it...

as i have told you before, we use hundreds of bouquets and 11,000 channels and it was slow even on pli and VTI, i tested both, and using my code it was 3x times faster. as that why i laugh, it was not our image but you code using hundreds of bouquets.

i will take a look at you new code but if it was like the last sample you sent i will not be using it. (the bouquet part)
 
Last edited:
as i have told you before, we use hundreds of bouquets and 11,000 channels and it was slow even on pli and VTI, i tested both, and using my code it was 3x times faster. as that why i laugh, it was not our image but you code using hundreds of bouquets.

i will take a look at you new code but if it was like the last sample you sent i will not be using it. (the bouquet part)

Hi Andy

the Bouquet Part is not New...
but the setItemsPerPage...
at the beginning i thought your code was for this very cool...
it was small, quick...
and you know.. with my code i was not 100% happy...
but a lot of testers get with your code more and more crashes...
so i must make it new...
but your first line in the code give me the perfect idea!! :)
now it's only the half... very quick...
and... i found a way to change the high for the small line...
and the speed is under 0,5 sec :) very cool
you will love it...

the next is the pig change...
its now at the Info/EPG Button...
i think this is a better place...

and for the Bouquet code...
im also not happy with my code and also not with yours...
my code have no windows..
your code is better for a big big EPG list...
(this i can't test, but i believe you)
you know me.. im like you and we want the best :)
and the best i think its the speed without window..
if you want to see a windows you can press at bouquet and you see a window..
but for + - i don't like the window...
and i ask a lot of people what is better or what they like...
so for this bouguet code i test better ways...
but if you have a cool idea without window...
no problem and i take your code for the bouquet...

and test the picon 54...
this work perfect too...

and at the other forum...
this i can't believe...
i hear nothing negative about you!!
the opposite is true...
look my new update and you will see your name is at the special thanks :)
 
i just installed newest cooltv on openpli and its starts extremely slow. Cant use it really. MultiEPG opens instantly.
 
we use hundreds of bouquets and 11,000 channels

Any chance of future updates including a complete satellites.xml?

The upstream enigma1/2 bug s/Bisbane/Brisbane in timezone.xml is annoying also, if both those fixes were in VIX my side of the globe would be very grateful :)

I see also there is no epgimporter/CoolEPG source for the CrossEPG /media/hdd/crossepg/ext.epg.dat in /etc/RyVIXepg/rytec.sources.xml
I added this but should I need to,am I missing something?

churs!
 
w.r.t. Cool TV: it still takes more than 3 seconds to open on VIX; the only thing I noticed is that there are no spinners during opening.
 
Any chance of future updates including a complete satellites.xml?

The upstream enigma1/2 bug s/Bisbane/Brisbane in timezone.xml is annoying also, if both those fixes were in VIX my side of the globe would be very grateful :)

I see also there is no epgimporter/CoolEPG source for the CrossEPG /media/hdd/crossepg/ext.epg.dat in /etc/RyVIXepg/rytec.sources.xml
I added this but should I need to,am I missing something?

churs!

to be honest i think including the full satellites.xml will be a waste of time and space on the box. after all there is not a place on the planet that can receive every single satellite up there. and to be fair it literally takes seconds to customise a satellites.xml for your own needs and copy it over to your box.
 
i just installed newest cooltv on openpli and its starts extremely slow. Cant use it really. MultiEPG opens instantly.

w.r.t. Cool TV: it still takes more than 3 seconds to open on VIX; the only thing I noticed is that there are no spinners during opening.


cool tv can be installed via feeds, but the speed of this plugin is down to the originator, if you want speed over features I suggest you stick with ViX-EPG as this has been stripped down to get the most speed possible, if you are still having speed issues on launch with ViX-EPG, can I suggest that you try using favourites and not have all your channels in the root of it (like BM16 channels settings) as this forces the the epg to read ALL the epg data for ALL channels and will take time to do so. when you split up your channels into favourites it will then only read the epg data for those channels in that favourite at a time, and will thus take less time to launch.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Seems to be a conflict with MultiQuickButton. I have a function assigned to the EPG button, but I can't revert to original (probably as the VIX-EPG does not exist on other images, thus the command for VIX-EPG in MQB is not there).
So back to Cool TV.
 
Yes. Seems to be a conflict with MultiQuickButton. I have a function assigned to the EPG button, but I can't revert to original (probably as the VIX-EPG does not exist on other images, thus the command for VIX-EPG in MQB is not there).
So back to Cool TV.

If you install MQB you need to disable the VIX coloured buttons, VIX Menu > VIX Settings.
 
Yes. Seems to be a conflict with MultiQuickButton. I have a function assigned to the EPG button, but I can't revert to original (probably as the VIX-EPG does not exist on other images, thus the command for VIX-EPG in MQB is not there).
So back to Cool TV.

what do you use MultiQuick Button for
 
If you install MQB you need to disable the VIX coloured buttons, VIX Menu > VIX Settings.
Yep, I did so.

what do you use MultiQuick Button for
MQB is extremely handy to assign functions to many (long & short push) buttons. I know the VIX-Menu does that also, but that's very limited.
 
Yep, I did so.

MQB is extremely handy to assign functions to many (long & short push) buttons. I know the VIX-Menu does that also, but that's very limited.

is there no option n MQB to leave as system setting ?, if not let me know and i will se if i can make a patched version for you, did you install from feeds ?
 
is there no option in MQB to leave as system setting ?, if not let me know and i will se if i can make a patched version for you,
No. There is an option to add functions, that is normally good for this, but VIX-EPG does not show up there.

did you install from feeds ?
No, as you seem to have version 2.7.1 in the feeds.
I use 2.7.5 as I know it works fine on PLi 2.0 (and it does on VIX as weel, apart from this little problem).
There is already version 2.7.7 , but that gives unexplainable problems with PLi (so I presume with VIX as well).
 
No. There is an option to add functions, that is normally good for this, but VIX-EPG does not show up there.

No, as you seem to have version 2.7.1 in the feeds.
I use 2.7.5 as I know it works fine on PLi 2.0 (and it does on VIX as weel, apart from this little problem).
There is already version 2.7.7 , but that gives unexplainable problems with PLi (so I presume with VIX as well).

post both here and will try to patch it and repost, and place in feeds
 
Here you are. It would be great if you could get 2,7,5 to work.
After install of 2.7.7. the very first assigning (and saving of course) of buttons works fine. But opening the plugin a second time always results in a GS (even on a clean flashed system, with only MQB installed). This problem also exists is vs. 2.7.6, but again: 2.7.5 works great.

Attached you also find the (non-specific) crashreport (PLi 2.0).
 

Attachments

Here you are. It would be great if you could get 2,7,5 to work.
After install of 2.7.7. the very first assigning (and saving of course) of buttons works fine. But opening the plugin a second time always results in a GS (even on a clean flashed system, with only MQB installed). This problem also exists is vs. 2.7.6, but again: 2.7.5 works great.

Attached you also find the (non-specific) crashreport (PLi 2.0).

thanks, i'll see what i can do.

the GS is down lack of free memory, the originator is using shell commads to do things,(i wish coder's would learn to code in python properly, this is the reason i coded our softcam manager to ONLY use shell commands where absolutely necessary). i will see if i can recode it to be more memory efficient.

in the mean time try using a swapfile it will probably stop the GS.

Andy.

Code:
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MultiQuickButton/MultiQuickButton.py", line 310, in updateSettings
    okexitstatus = int(os.popen("cat /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MultiQuickButton/keymap.xml | wc -l", "r").read())
[B]OSError: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory[/B]
 
Any chance these sort of announcemens, and new image announcements can be made to
pop up like the rule changes did when you log into the forum?

I think it could be useful / helpful just a suggestion.

Regards

Niteman1969
 
not every one that comes on the forum is a vu user so forceing every one to see notices of updates would be a little silly.

Best thing to do is subscribe to the updates thread and have it so you get instant notifications that way you will be kept informed

all relevent links are in my sig
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top