Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Spinning Vix

Fuzzy

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2014
Messages
188
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Since upgrading to Hades 011, I randomly get a spinning vix. This usually happens whilst I am watching a recording and the box isn't recording anything. Not always though, sometimes it's recording as well. The recording that I am watching continues to play perfectly but I am unable to stop it or do anything else. My only option is to switch off at the back.

I don't do anything to make this happen - it usually happens when I don't even have the remote in my hand - the spinning vix just appears and doesn't stop of its own accord.

I tried a reflash but I didn't try without a settings restore.

I have gone back to Hades 10 and all is well again.
 
reflash with NO restores, see what happens.
upload any crash/debug logs.
 
same problem here on duo2.I did coach flash.Only way to start box responding again is on off.Not even restart with webif or DCC is possible.
 
Upgraded to 011 yesterday through remote and this happened to me twice over the course of the day. I was watching tv no recording or timeshift and then randomly appeared for a minute or so then disappeared. Box did not lock up i just let it run. Technomate Twin.
 
It may be something to do with the autotimer. I got the same a few times and the log was showing
Code:
[gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
This was after part of the Autotimer checks. I deleted the Autotimer event entry above and after the stall and it hasn't happened since
 
Totally locked up on me earlier had to power off at mains. No crash log but there is a debug log. Log sent via box. Log 1433246502.52

I have no timers set up.
 
I had a similar problem with my duo2 (on Hades ver 11) yesterday evening.

I was watching Spring Watch when I was called away and missed the end, so I used the timeshift option to select event and save.
I then started watching and found that I couldn't skip through using the number keys on the remote. In fact I couldn't do anything other than watch the recording and the spinning VIX.
I left it running as I had other things to do.
About an hour later, I telnetted into the box and looking in /hdd/movies that a recording for the TT 2015 130 Club was still running 30 mins after it should have ended.
I have an autotimer set to record anything on ITV4 that begins with TT 2015.

I killed the Enigma2 process to restart it
I couldn't find a crash log. Should I have enabled this somewhere?
 
Had a spinning again this morning.Will look to put a log here this evening.
 
same on my gigablue quad, had to reboot, got 3 autotimers on, might be that. No log found.
 
Having a similar problem on my Duo. Flashed to Hades 11 yesterday, clean usb flash, no restore. Was setting up the box, ran an epg scan and the spinning vix appeared, left it for about 10 mins but still the same, had to reboot from the switch at the back of the unit.

This morning I noticed a bug, when scrolling down the channel list using the left/right arrow keys quickly the spinning vix appears, again have to reboot via rocker switch to get the box running again.

No crash log even though it is enabled. It doesnt seem to reproduce a crash log for some reason:confused:
 
No crash log even though it is enabled. It doesnt seem to reproduce a crash log for some reason:confused:
That would be the case as it doesn't actually crash.
A debug log might help though.
 
Same problem here with Vu+ Uno. Glad, I'm not alone. :)
 
I have 21 autotimers and only this 2 would give a problem ? If so I delete them and bring them newly on line.Strange that there was no problem in hades 010.
 
I have had a lot of spinning vix with duo2 and hades 11, on a couple of occasions I've had to telnet in and issue reboot command, wouldn't respond to init 4.
Ps running belo.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top