Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Spinning Vix

Weird one as I've not noticed anything like spinning vix with my solo2 and it's running hades 11 with no restore of settings.

I do have autotimers set and they were copied over manually from 10.

I'm using BlueHD but don't have any other plugins installed except softcam.
 
Hi
Gigablue Quad Plus with Hadesd 011 here and have had this 'spinning VIX' problem tonight. One recording in progress, watching another recording and no user interaction. VIX spinner appeared for a couple of seconds and then soon after, spinning VIX continuous with remote ignored - switch off/on was only way out. No log produced. I strongly suspect that Autotimers are somehow involved as they have been virtually useless lately - missing timers, duplicated timers and refusal to actually create timers at times.
 
Debug logs are written constantly when enabled and activated. Crash logs are written when there is a crash.

I don't think any of the testers have had this issue. The debug logs will be very valuable in identifying and resolving the issue.
 
problem came again when I was walking trough EPG.Going back to hades 10 for the moment.
No logs in the box and restoring from backup is not working also
 
Last edited:
I have 21 autotimers and only this 2 would give a problem ? If so I delete them and bring them newly on line.Strange that there was no problem in hades 010.

They are the ones just before and just after the crash. It may be that others are not good enough for 011 either, but worth deleting those 2 and trying. I did the same thing in deleting the 1 before and the 1 after and so far it's been OK for about 48 Hours.
 
I'm experiencing this issue and can replicate it consistently.

Navigate to the seventh day of the EPG (for today that would be next Wednesday). Set an AutoTimer. The EPG returns to the current date/time and navigating back through the EPG to check the AT results in spinning VIX. Long press the remote STB button to restart.

What I also notice is that after restart some of my channels EPG is missing and only a re-scan of CROSSEPG re-populates the missing data.

View attachment Enigma2-03-06-2015_22-48-11.logView attachment Enigma2-03-06-2015_22-37-50.log

Two logs attached. One created as a result of spinning VIX the following as part of the reboot. Hope they help with diagnosis.
 
Debug logs are written constantly when enabled and activated. Crash logs are written when there is a crash.

I don't think any of the testers have had this issue. The debug logs will be very valuable in identifying and resolving the issue.

Hi
Is it advised to set debug logs to 'on' continuously? I was not to know the box was about to hang, so debug was not set 'on', and I will not know if/when the next mysterious issue will happen. So, again, is it advised to have debug logs on all the time?
 
Hi
Is it advised to set debug logs to 'on' continuously? I was not to know the box was about to hang, so debug was not set 'on', and I will not know if/when the next mysterious issue will happen. So, again, is it advised to have debug logs on all the time?
Debug logs are extremely handy when you have an issue, no real need for them the rest of the time.
 
When you know you have a recurring issue, it is beneficial to enable them and attach to report.
 
Having a similar problem on my Duo. Flashed to Hades 11 yesterday, clean usb flash, no restore. Was setting up the box, ran an epg scan and the spinning vix appeared, left it for about 10 mins but still the same, had to reboot from the switch at the back of the unit.

This morning I noticed a bug, when scrolling down the channel list using the left/right arrow keys quickly the spinning vix appears, again have to reboot via rocker switch to get the box running again.

No crash log even though it is enabled. It doesnt seem to reproduce a crash log for some reason:confused:

Do you have a swap file enabled on your Vu+ Duo?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
enabled logs again and updating from working hades 09.Deleted in advance the 2 autotimers.Will set news if spinning occurs again.Must be a problem that occurs from update after hades 10.If necessairy i wil do a fresh flaf usb with hades 10.
 
If anyone could provide details of how they can always re-create this problem then I can check this on my solo2. But, as it stands, i'm unable to re-create so I assume problem might occur sometimes for some people.

This obviously means it's near to impossible for vix team to fix something they can't re-create.
 
I did the update about 2 hours ago.Also removed the 2 timers as asked.Also re-saved the autotimers after updating.No problems until now.If all rests well then it is a problem with autotimers that came from after hades 10.With hades 10 there where no probs. PS : did not do the test with EPG (spinning VIX)
 
just got automatic reboot when going trough EPG:

View attachment 42994
View attachment 42995
Can you easily re-create the crash? What were you doing just scrolling up or down EPG?

I had a crash on clean build of hades 10 (with no restore) that I posted here. However, when I tried again it didn't crash.

I've yet to suffer with crash on hades 11 but clearly the problem is intermittent or something.
 
recreate works.Now appeared when going trough EPG up down.Just got a new spinning when autotimer recording should have started.I will go back to hades 10 where all was well.Awaiting updates.Tired off having to restartthe box with on off switch and missing my programs :)
 
Happened to me, too, with Ultimo, and sounds like the same bug.
I updated to Hades 11 on Sunday, then on Wednesday evening the box was recording Batman when I finished watching an episode of Elementary. When I pressed stop on the remote, the VIX logo started spinning and the box didn't react to any keys of the remote or the front panel power button. I left it on to see what happens. There was about 3 or 4 minutes until the playback recording ended, then the picture froze and the box still spinned VIX and didn't react to any keypresses. I telnetted to issue the reboot command. No log was generated.
I guess I'll turn the debug logging on in case this happens again.
 
from the last crashlog
its a C++ error somewhere.

added some stuff a while back to catch c++ errors

< 11370.871587> Backtrace:
< 11370.873208> /usr/bin/enigma2(_Z17handleFatalSignaliP9siginfo_tPv) [0x45D7D0]
< 11370.874591> -------FATAL SIGNAL

will need time to debug etc.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top