Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo4K SE] Strange tuner problem

Clemente

Member
Joined
May 2, 2018
Messages
142
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Hello, I bought a new Vu+ Duo4KSE, uploaded OpenVix 5.4.008, but I have a very strange issue with tuner configuration, never seen in many Vu+ boxes I tested.
My receiver came with two tuners installed: 1 Twin DVB-S2X Multistream satellite tuner and a double DVB-T2 terrestrial one.
Entering in Menu > Setup > Tuner & Scan > Tuner Setup I see all tuners in such reversed order. Both terrestrial tuners are at the top of the list (Tuner A and B), then I read six FBC tuners (from C to H) and finally two tuners that I can configure (Tuner I and J). It never happened to me. I always found satellite tuners at first with two configurable tuners at the top, then FBC, then terrestrial.
If I attempt to configure one satellite tuner it seems to work, I have signal from the dish, scanning seems performing well, but when I try to recall any found channel it says "Service unavailable. Check tuner configuration!". This happens with ALL satellite channels, terrestrial channels work well instead.
I tried to upload a setting list that I always use in my Vu+ boxes (I have more than one), this list always worked well but this time nothing changed. Now I do not know how to clean the box from this list I just uploaded.
So, where is the problem? Why I see my tuners in this strange reversed order and how can I fix this?
Thank you for your help.
 
Update: I tried with different non-Openvix images and this problem remains. Also, I tried with latest OpenVix 5.4.009 downloaded from here but nothing changed. I do not think it is hardware related because tuner seems to work. The problem is how these tuners are recognized by the images. What can I do or test? Any idea? Please help. Thanks.
 
Can you have a look at the back of the box, see if it looks something like this, (but with just one fbc tuner in this example).
 

Attachments

  • back.webp
    back.webp
    43 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
So, where is the problem? Why I see my tuners in this strange reversed order and how can I fix this?
Thank you for your help.

Plug in tuners? Are they just fitted in different tuner slots to what you are used to?
 
Ohhh.... are you saying that tuners are wrong fitted? I'm afraid you are right. Looking the back panel of the box I have Twin satellite tuner at left (near the left corner), and just right near the first tuner I have terrestrial one. So, from the left I see satellite, then terrestrial, then optical, HDMI and all other connectors.
Please note that the receiver came new from a german dealer but it was totally sealed (I personally opened the original box). So a factory mistake?
If this is the issue what can I do? Maybe opening the receive and swapping tuners could be enough? Thanks.
 
..... sounds like your tuners are fitted ok, can you post a photo of the back of the box?
 
Last edited:
No ccs, it was wrong! I opened my box, reverted tuners and now it works! Problem solved!
Do you think reflashing with fresh Openvix image would be needed? Now it works well, but I do not know if this image could be "dirty" now.
Thank you for your help.
 
No ccs, it was wrong! I opened my box, reverted tuners and now it works! Problem solved!
Do you think reflashing with fresh Openvix image would be needed? Now it works well, but I do not know if this image could be "dirty" now.
Thank you for your help.

OK, your post #5 confused me. :)

I'd be tempted to reflash without a settings restore. Reconfiguring/moving tuners around may appear to work, but old tuner values can sometimes remain.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top