Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Stream from NAS to Solo2

CS10

New member
Joined
Jun 17, 2013
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
41
Hi All,

Just wondered if it was possible to stream video content from a NAS drive I have connected to my router, through the Solo2 box?

If so, how is it done?

Thanks in advance,

Craig
 
Hi Marty.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry to sound stupid, but I don't know what you mean :(.

Do I need a plugin to connect to the mount?
 
Last edited:
Hi there,

I am using the latest VIX image.
 
Thanks for moving to the right section for me. I will pay more attention to the rules next time!

Does it have to use NFS file system?

I have a NAS enclosure that supports the following:

Media Streaming
• UPnP AV server:
• Supports PS3/Xbox 360
• Supports UPnP AV file > 4 GB
• Complies with DLNA HNv1.5
• D-Link new Media Player (including Boxee) compatible
 
NFS is best, but CIFS is possible as well (I think you'll need to install Samba then).
DNLA isn't needed: a mount, and acceccing the mount via the list of recordings, is the best way IMHO.
 
So, the standard windows formatting of the drive (which it currently is), won't work.

I'll have to partition the drive in linux to NFS?
 
If it's a real NAS: no need for any drivers, as the NAS will 'translate' everything. If it's however 'just' an external HDD (so without operating system) you would indeed need NTFS drivers installed on your box. They're available from the feeds.
 
Its the D-Link DNS-320L so I'm unsure about the Operating System.

However, even if it hasn't, it sounds like I can download the NTFS drivers from the feeds, and then browse to the drive in Network manager and mount it that way...?
 
That D-Link unit runs Linux and most presumably just advertises shares which you can connect to.

You should just be able to create an NFS share and then connect to that share from the Solo2. In terms of creating the share on the D-Link, do a google there are some guides out there on creating the share and creating a user account with which you can access the share.

Then mount that NFS share on the Solo2.

I've not done this myself with a Linux based NAS unit as my home media box is Windows based, I do have a Buffalo NAS unit but it's broken at the mo so can't really help beyond the stuff above :)
 
Thanks both, I shall look into it :)
 
Hi there,

I got the NAS set up properly and can access the drive (used the CIFS method).

I have a couple of MKV files, and when streaming them, I can't seem to get rid of subtitles, is there an option somewhere to do this?
 
Press the audio button twice & disable them.
 
Thanks Judge, will give that a try tonight.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top