Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Streaming box to kodi

  • Thread starter Thread starter weirskynet
  • Start date Start date
ok I can see that but its worth noting that when kodi is linked up to the solo 2

the channels stick and stutter , followed settings on page 1 the link on how to setup and nothing but the box busy spinner shows up every few seconds:confused:
 
You get the box spinner showing up while Kodi is downloading the EPG, Did you try setting the Vuplus addon to fetch only one TV bouquet? you then need to set the name of it below, this makes updating the EPG on kodi a lot faster (assuming the bouquet doesn't contain 100's of channels.)
I think there is also a setting in Kodi / system / live TV to say not to download the EPG while playing a video.
 
Yup tried them also and still get playback stuttering on every channel every few seconds ?


Pulling my hair out
 
Yup tried them also and still get playback stuttering on every channel every few seconds ?


Pulling my hair out
Same for me, sd recordings from my lx2 play smooth on kodi on fire stick but live channels stutter.. Confusing!

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk
 
Hi,
which devices/channel? Did you set Kodi to 50Hz? I tried my Amazon Fire TV and there the picture of 720p channel sometimes seem to stutter but 1080i looked ok. On my Core i3 NUC everything looked OK.

AFTV is a top end Android device and the NUC more a low end PC device.

ciao
 
tried most channels, the device is set to screen resolution 1080p as my tv supports it and think its 59 hz also for same reason

its happening on both judge no idea what to do with it cant get it to stream live channels full screen without stutter
 
Hi,
why 59Hz. AFAIK the UK also uses 50Hz for TV so you must set it to 50Hz.

ciao
 
Hi,
why 59Hz. AFAIK the UK also uses 50Hz for TV so you must set it to 50Hz.

ciao

My AV settings was Multi. I changed it to 50Hz. There's been no noticable difference watching on the tv via HDMI AND.....the streaming of live tv channels in Kodi now works perfectly.

Thankyou for the suggestion !! :thumbsup:
 
Actually I'm getting a lip sync issue but I've made a huge step in the right direction !
 
I think its a problems streaming thru wifi to be honest now don't know why as I get go data transfer rates as full 100% signal

anyone else use it off wifi and get issues or have it working
 
If it streams a recording without a glitch it cant be a connectivity issue
 
yeah streams recordings fine even hd ones no playback issues

so yeah cant be that ?

I'm at a loss now, don't know if their is another plugin that can be used on kodi instead of the vu/enigma2 one
 
You could test it with the IPTV Simple pvr client addon - it would be a little more complicated to configure though as it requires using an m3u files and you won't get an EPG.

You can get the m3u file from the openwebif page by clicking the TV icon next to the bouquet you want, but then you will need to make it available on the network and point the IPTV Simple client to it. You could spend a while configuring it just to find it makes no difference,

Someone mentioned that you get the same problem when streaming to the iPad app, is it that same using VLC on a PC?
 
no using a pc or mac streams fine on the openwebif page using vlc

have tried everything but it seems to stutter a lot have tried it from a raspberry pi2 on kodi and amazon fire tv stick both same issues

intresting tho that if I set the option to show it as a small picture size first it plays ok most the time , the second I switch to full screen it stutters ?
 
I noticed that when playing a recorded files it spends a lot more time buffering than when you select live TV.

Looking here there is a way to increase the buffer size
Code:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=159142
(posts 4-5)

To reproduce their suggestions here, create a file called advancedsettings.xml and add the following
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <pvr>
    <minvideocachelevel>60</minvideocachelevel>
    <minaudiocachelevel>60</minaudiocachelevel>
  </pvr>
</advancedsettings>
Then push this file to your FireTV stick using adbfire, select 'Userdata' in the push/pull/delete section and then click push.
It means it will spend longer when you choose a channel buffering, but may get rid of the stutters, I had to increase mine to 120 to get it to work but as I said earlier, everything is on wireless for me and transcoding works the best (Duo2 :)).
 
no using a pc or mac streams fine on the openwebif page using vlc

have tried everything but it seems to stutter a lot have tried it from a raspberry pi2 on kodi and amazon fire tv stick both same issues

intresting tho that if I set the option to show it as a small picture size first it plays ok most the time , the second I switch to full screen it stutters ?

Same Problem for me. I have android box bought for second room option using kodi. Changed android settings to 1080i (50hz) and it works ok for SD but HD stutters and buffers like mad.
Anyone find a settings solution for this?
Seems strange as kodi can stream 1080 from Genesis no stuttering or buffing issues. I thought it was because I have a duo and not a solo2 or duo2?
 
As suggested in post 35 I created a m3u file with a single channel inside. This is a HD channel. I setup kodi simple iptv client to use the m3u file and then opened the channel. Kodi is streaming the hd channel absolutely perfectly without a single buffer.

So definitely sounds like a plugin issue now
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top