Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Streaming to apps

  • Thread starter Thread starter weirskynet
  • Start date Start date
But how can it be bandwidth if I can stream full hd content from plex outside ?
 
Last edited:
Also trying to stream sky atlantic hd to pc from openweb-if

both thru network cabled

get failed to render the file on media player classic , have klite codec pack latest installed
 
But how can it be bandwidth if I can stream full hd content from plex outside ?
Also to the iPod?
Anyway: bandwidth issues can be related to any link in the chain: STB - Connector - Cable - Switch - Router - WiFi-iPod etc etc.
And the symptoms simply tell you that there is a bandwidth issue. Not easy to repair from here.

Also trying to stream sky atlantic hd to pc from openweb-if
both thru network cabled
get failed to render the file on media player classic , have klite codec pack latest installed
And using VLC?
And do you have the line 'Add service name to stream information' (last line in the Open WEB-IF config) set to 'no'?
Streaming via the WEB-IF should simply work. Both to a PC as to a mobile device.
 
yes using VLC and have the add service name to stream set to off

this is the error i get xx's where my ip and port are

Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'http://xx.xxx.xx.xx:xxxx/1:0:19:F1A:7D5:2:11A0000:0:0:0:'. Check the log for details.
 
no issues with e2remote or vu+ player - both play SD flawlessly. BUT both cannot stream HD. It is noted on e2remote site/app that hd streaming will not work.

I have just been using openwebif to watch Champions League on UTV HD - no issues either.

edit - in e2remote lite I think it allows you to stream for one minute - just to test?
 
Last edited:
can get it working now thru network both normal and hd channels dunno what changed lol but works ok now

cant get hd on ipad tho nothing works but can stream internal network to it sd channels
 
wee update also i edited the ushare.conf file so it reads

# Directories to be shared (space or CSV list).
# Ex: USHARE_DIR=/dir1,/dir2
USHARE_DIR=/media/hdd/
USHARE_DIR=/media/hdd/movie

this allows me to read the tsmedia downloads to the box also along with the normal recordings in the vlc player for ios as it auto detects the ushare
 
I appreciate your points but can you offer any help with getting the streaming working on an ipad?

As I said 'I'm trying to find out if anybody has any app running smoothly from a vu solo 2 to an ipad?'

Had Boxnation HD streaming on my iPad with blackbox on 5Ghz wireless n fine at the weekend. Was glitchy using 2.4ghz
 
How can u set freq?

That will be router specific. I have a wireless n router but I don't think it supports the 5ghz frequency as well as the 2.4ghz standard. I'll double check though.

@BubbleBalls Was what you had working all using an iPad?
@weirskynet Which app did you get working?

Thanks.
 
I got vlc player working on PC and can get vlc player on iPad to see ushare folders

E2remote pro works for sd channels
 
iPhone for e2remote and vu player. Windows PC for openwebif. I also have wireless but my iPhone (4) is not really n compatable.


Tapatālker
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top