Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

SUBTITLE HELP PLEASE for a hearing impaired senior

Tassie Devil

Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2014
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Location
Dilston, Tasmania, Australia
I have subtitles operating on and off for direct view programs but, for the life of me (low value these days) I cannot see how to invoke them on a recording on the HDD.:mad:

I'm sure they have been recorded as at one stage they were there but somehow I've lost them.

I've gone into MENU -> SETUP -> SYSTEM -> AUTO LANGUAGE SELECTION SETTINGS & tried all sorts of combinations there with no change.

I'm currently using the default skin but have tried others to no avail. I gather all the skin change does is to alter appearances but that could be wrong.

There is nothing in the customise menu and I have not discovered a BLACK HOLE APP or ADD ON that would help but maybe there is one??.

All very frustrating as at one stage I thought I had it set up but obviously not.:confused:

So any help you could give this semi literate old senior would be much appreciated. Apart from the subTT problem this is by far the best PVR I've ever owned (and BTW it is a genuine Korean VU+ Solo2, not a clone).

TIA

John
 
PS: (tried to edit but could not) I can see how to set subtitles so they are seen in recordings but cannot then turn them off. Surely there is some setting to turn them on or off after a recording has been made?
 
Subtitles if available are automatically recorded and can be accessed via the subtitle button on the remite
 
Subtitles if available are automatically recorded and can be accessed via the subtitle button on the remite

That is the case with every other PVR here but not this Vu+Solo2, The subTT button on the remote works for direct view but does not on a recording. It gives a small transparent square with a cross indicating it is not available.:mad:
 
Hi,
maybe a bit late, but ...
Some channels do not have subtitles at all (f.e. CBS Action), and trying to invoke subtitles on those channels will give an error, be it live or on the recording of such a channel.
A channel where subtiltles generally are available, will store it on the recording, even though it is not on in the live view. Pressing the subtitle (circle with underlining) button should give you the possiility to switch them on/off, size (with red button), etc.

PS1 - I have a Solo2 with internal 1Tb HDD.
PS2 - after having written the reply, I noticed you are in Australia, so no idea which channels you would have there. But as mentioned, if the live view has subtitles, the recording should have it also. F.e. German TV (Astra 19.2) do not have subtitles with every programme on one and the same channel. Some do, some don´t, which could also lead to confusion.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top