Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Testers required for OpenViX Python 3 images

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Unrelated: and that log also included a long traceback dump from, probably, some transcoding code.
Looks like someone left some debug code in place in production code?).
That is no longer there.
 
There's something wrong with EPG search.
It's been somewhat broken since at least 5.5.016.001.

For example if I press EPG and then with the current program hjgihlighted I press Yellow to search for programs in the EPG with the same name as the current program it will only find a few programs with the same name.
If I advance a day or two in the EPG and find another program in the future with the same name and press Yellow with the future program highlighted it will correctly search for all programs in the entire EPG with the same name.

Also I still think it's daft that the program names sometimes have invisible control characters in them so that searching on them sometimes produces weird unexpected results.
I think they should be removed as the EPG data is read from the program stream or whereever.
An example would be handy.
 
He is right about the hidden control characters. Someone needs to have a look at that. Maybe Simon as he knows his way round the epg code better than anyone else.
 
I used to see SOF and EOF control characters surrounding program names in OpenWebIf autotimer entries, but I haven't seen them for a while now. I suspect it was to do with the way I was setting up the autotimer, probably from the graphical EPG. The virtual keyboard has been revamped by Ian and there have been changes to OpenWebIf also, so I expect that is why I am not seeing them anymore.
 
I used to see SOF and EOF control characters surrounding program names in OpenWebIf autotimer entries, but I haven't seen them for a while now. I suspect it was to do with the way I was setting up the autotimer, probably from the graphical EPG. The virtual keyboard has been revamped by Ian and there have been changes to OpenWebIf also, so I expect that is why I am not seeing them anymore.
I'm pretty sure I still see them, sometimes.
I'm also pretty sure I've also seen then around just a part of the program name, though maybe not recently.
 
Yes, in OpenWebIf they were represented by a little graphic comprising a square around a couple of circles if I remember correctly, and their presence resulted in those autotimer entries being sorted to the end of the list, they didn't affect the creation of the correct timers though.
 
An example would be handy.

Example available now:

Note: My EPG is fetched from OpenTV by EPG Refresh.
(Note: When this happened the box was also recording something on NHK World but I'm hoping that doesn't matter)

Zap to London Live.

Press EPG, (The program on now is called "Triggerman")
Press Yellow (Note: for this example search can be configured for any of All Bouquets, Current Bouquet or Current Service)
Press Green to search for more programs called "Triggerman".

There is just one result. The program we're watching now.

Skip forward to Thursday at 23:45 when "Triggerman" is on again.
Press Yellow
Press Green
Now there are three results!
 
I used to see SOF and EOF control characters...
If you means Start/End of selected area (0xc2 0x86 and 0xc2 0x87) then these are specifically removed in epgcache.cpp.
But this may only apply to data received "over the air" (EIT data).

If that's the case then the thing to do is to get whatsoever processes OpenTV data to do the same.
 
If I tune into bbc1 hd (freeview), highlight Doctors later this afternoon, epg/all channels/epgsearch/current bouquet only finds hd channels.

If I tune into bbc1 sd (freeview), highlight Doctors later this afternoon, epg/all channels/epgsearch/current bouquet finds sd and hd channels.

(I've got epg set to ask which bouquet to select.)
 
  1. If I tune into bbc1 hd (freeview), highlight Doctors later this afternoon, epg/all channels/epgsearch/current bouquet only finds hd channels.
  2. If I tune into bbc1 sd (freeview), highlight Doctors later this afternoon, epg/all channels/epgsearch/current bouquet finds sd and hd channels.

(I've got epg set to ask which bouquet to select.)

Looks like current bouquet can mean different things in different contexts - if I'm tuned to bbc1 sd using the all channels bouquet, and then tune to bbc1 hd using 101, search finds the sd and hd channels from "current/all channels bouquet", unlike point 1 above, which was tuned from the hd bouquet.
 
Last edited:
Is there an image for vu+ solo 4k as I do not see one on the download page
 
Is there an image for vu+ solo 4k as I do not see one on the download page
No there is not. I'll add to the list but it won't be built for a few days because we are updating to a new version.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top