Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Transfer recordings from hard drive

  • Thread starter Thread starter thejoker
  • Start date Start date
T

thejoker

Guest
I have upgraded to a vu solo 2, I still have the old 3.5 inch hard drive from my vu duo. I would like to transfer my recordings onto my pc or mac. I know I should have done this when I still had the duo, would have been much easier.

Is there anyway I can just put the 3.5 inch drive into a usb caddy and transfer the recordings. I know the hard drive will be in linux format, is there any drivers or anything I can get to allow my xp machine or macbook read the drive...
 
Maybe connect the caddy with the 3.5 to the solo 2 vis usb and mount. You may then be able to view your standard file structure. If that works FTP your files to your PC.


Tapatalker
 
Yea, it works but there are many files inside the movie folder. I know the .ts file is the main video file but is that all I need to transfer over..There are ts.sc, ts.ap, ts.meta, eit, ts.cuts
 
Some time ago I checked what those extensions actually were. Can't remember exactly now, one contained the synopsis of the recording, another the stop/pause/start position and, depending what channel they were recorded from, audio description. But they were so small I just sorted the folder by name and copied them all.



Tapatalker
 
connect the USB drive to the Solo and use Filezilla to copy the entire Movies folder over to the PC across your LAN
 
You may be able to read the files on a PC running Linux. Its worth a try since Enigma is in essence linux based :D

If it reads them in the PC, you just transfer them over to your Solo 2.
 
if you mount the drive to the receiver you can use the move command in the media player and leave it over night to move them from one drive to the other.

I did this a few weeks ago when transferring a bunch of recordings from the internal HDD's on my ultimo to my solo2 via network mounts
 
There is also a free app called Ext2Fsd or any other similar windows program.

Worked wit EXT3 and EXT2, not sure about EXT4.
 
yup funnily enough i just posted this same thing on another thread. so here goes again.

How to Access Linux Partitions (ext2, ext3, ext4) From Windows. Click here
 
Is it possible my hard drive it corrupted, when I connect to my solo2 it is really unresponsive, trying to move recordings is pretty much impossible. Very very slow, even when I try to play any of the recordings I have to power off my box or disconnect hard drive.

It was def 100% mounted and initialised correctly in my duo
 
If it was ok before it's unlikely to be corrupt. The slowness you talk about - did that happen when you had already begun moving files? If so the machine is working away and may slow things

If you move a file you can press blue button (I think) and it will give the status of the file transfer. It does take some time to move files, as phoenix said - he left it overnight.

If this fails I'd say try direct connection to PC via one of the suggested apps/program's above.


Tapatalker
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top