Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET10x00] Tuner not released when scheduled recording finished.

You may have a problem with crossepg not releasing the tuner. You seem to be using it for multiple providers. Try using it for 28e only and see how you go.
 
@ronand - there was a fairy... her name was Nuff... (FairyNuff)!

I've disabled the Sky Italia Open TV (HotBird on 13.0) provider.

If I was to look at the debug logs myself - what lead you to suggest that? I'd like to learn a little how to support myself (so I don't have to bother the good folks here with every last thing). Thks! :D
 
You have ruled out external causes by removing the network cable. There are not many things that will use a tuner - recording and downloading from opentv epg sources. Its just a matter of trial and error until you find what is causing it. I didnt look at all of the log - not enough time! If you want to look at it yourself then use notepad++
 
@ronand - thankyou - very - much.
Two days later and... my tuners are just fine. That does seem to have sorted things. I will monitor for another couple of days and then - for pig iron - re-enable the second OpenTV provider (for HotBird) and see if the problem reappears. Sweeet - I am pretty happy.

@abu baniaz: It doesn't seem to matter now but - for completeness:
-> Auto start timeshift: disabled
-> Show warning when timeshift is stopped: yes
-> Timeshift save action on zap: ask user
-> Stop timeshift while recording: no
-> Use timeshift seekbar while timeshifting: yes
-> Show warning when in a stream: yes
I'm pretty sure they are the defaults - I don't recall ever tampering with the timeshift settings.
 
To all:
If I monitor for another couple of days and verify this is the cause of the tuner getting locked... do I report a bug? Start a new thread? Etc.? Appreciate the advice... thks, flintdk,
 
Just to keep the thread alive - I've left the box, checking it each day - and the problem hasn't reoccurred. So tonight I'm going to enable the Sky Italia Open TV (HotBird on 13.0) provider on CrossEPG and see if the problem comes back. Sorry for the slow replies - I effectively have to wait a day each time to check whether things are working or not. If the problem comes back (I would expect it to), I'll post again with confirmation.
 
Evening folks,

OK - so I've had several days to verify both the solution and the cause of the problem. I have three lnb's on my dish as described above on the thread. On my XTrend ET10000 if I take the following steps:
Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> CrossEPG -> OpenTV providers

I can select from two providers. If I select both (Sky Italia and Sky UK) then each night when the EPG updates one of my satellite tuners get locked and not released. A restart fixes the problem - so it's no big deal. But it is a bit irritating! If I unselect one (I have unticked Sky Italia) then the EPG update works fine and the tuner doesn't get locked.

If there's any further information I can provide feel free to ask. I guess this is an unusual use-case, but there you go.
 
There is a simple way to get it all working - use crossepg for 28e and use epgimporter for sky IT. In epgimporter select Rytec Italy as a source. This downloads from the internet so there is no fear of locking up a tuner.
 
@ronand - thanks for that. That is in fact what I have done :-). I just wanted to post the exact steps to reproduce the problem on my machine in case it would help identify a bug - and perhaps lead to a resolution. :)

I'm pretty happy right now - I hadn't had a satellite receiver in years and what I have now, for a free service, is pretty amazing. Thank you again (and to everyone else) for your input, it's much appreciated!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top