Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Ultimo OpenWebif Streaming

Daytona

Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2011
Messages
68
Reaction score
1
Points
8
Location
Somerset
Hi all,
Ultimo on Vix 3 build 433.
With Windows Media Player I can stream music and recorded movies/programmes from STB but cannot stream TV or movies using OpenWebif.
Media Player error message M3U file not found.

OpenWebif settings:
Enabled Yes
Http Port 00080
Http Authentification no
Streaming Port 08001

Streaming did work on previous build but so long ago it may have been Vix 2.4:confused:
I am convinced this issue is not with VIX but I have spent many frustrating hours after reading numerous threads with the settings of router/windows media player without success.

I would greatly appreciate any advice.
PS Web browser is Fire Fox
 
The default player for the PC end is VLC
Code:
[URL]http://www.videolan.org/vlc/[/URL]
, another 'opensource' software. The OpenWebif uses VLC command options which are probably ignored by Windows Media Player. When installing VLC choose the options that support Firefox if thats what you use.

I have not tried WMP but I have Openwebif and VLC working well together streaming both live and recorded channels. Note (below) I'm using a different machine and build, but nothing has changed in this area since 433 AFAIK.
 
Last edited:
Many thanks for your rapid response and the link stick50jr.
Downloaded and installed VLC and OpenWebif now works a treat.
Did not realise that VLC was basically the default player for OpenWebif and I certainly wish I had posted my problems days ago !!

Thanks very much again:thumbsup:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top