Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo4K SE] Unable to automount share from NAS

quartermain

New member
Joined
Jan 26, 2015
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Points
1
What type of support thread are you creating?
Support question
What OpenViX Image build number are you using?
6.4.011
Have you tried re-flashing WITHOUT settings restore?
NO
Have you tried re-flashing WITH a settings restore?
NO
I have recently rebuilt my network and re-addressed everything and an issue arose.

I have a Synology NAS with a share called TVArchive, and a corresponding folder /media/autofs/TVArchive and the one used to automount on the other but not any more.

I read one posting about using Network Browser at the start of the process but when I tried it I got "Your network interface eth0 is not properly configured. so a network scan cannot be done." But I am using Wi-Fi, not wired networking.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful. There is no man entry for autofs (neither on my Linux box)
 
OK I've now remembered how automounting is meant to work. I'd much appreciate an example (working!) configuration I could wrap my head around.
 
I just copy auto.network to /etc and automounts.xml to /etc/enigma2 and restart the network.
Sometimes you have to initially click on one of the mounts in mount manager and save again before the mount kicks in.
 

Attachments

Well I will certainly try it, though it doesn't trigger a memory from last time, I believe that involved creating a symbolic link to an automounted folder.
 
One thing - in the XML file, what's the difference between sharename and sharedir?
 
The sharename is what you want to call the share on the receiver.
The sharedir is what it is called on the source folder.

On my NAS I share my TV directory and call it SERIES on the receiver to differentiate it from MOVIES and RECORDINGS.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top