Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Update Bug!

  • Thread starter Thread starter t.ph
  • Start date Start date
Personally I dont see what the big deal is I always do a backup before I update so if something goes wrong its a 2 minute job to reflash; as the saying goes "Shit happens" at times :)

Please could you explain the backup process and subsequent reflash. Where should the backup be stored and how do you restore with it. I have tried before but it did not work. Thanks
 
I can verify latest updates working ok now. I've just flashed with ViX2.1, worked fine, so dont know why anyone is having trouble with ViX2.1 as a virgin flash without any updates. Any way done updates 28 packages all fine. So anyone with issues needs to look at what they are doing.
 
Ok just done with all online updates and working 100% no looping anymore:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
 
Only problem @ the moment is i cant get the EPG to update @ the moment looks like Rytec is down and Satmate ??
 
I will try again later and see what happens it might just be the server is down @ the moment.
 
First a big thanks to Andy and team. Second I just done an online update and no more green screens. For the record after the online update (27 items) it asked if i wished to reboot and I chose NO and the manually rebooted from the menu. Iam now on 2.1.2 2011-04-02. Great work all. :)
 
I myself would like to thank you for the fix, all worked great with 27 updates available. I am a noob to the sat scene and i get my dish aligned this Tuesday, I know i have a lot to learn in the coming months, i cant wait to try this great image out. Lots of plugins and customisation :)

For some reason i cannot install skins, i have a vu+ and the skins say they are for dreambox, is this why i cant get them to install?

Thanks again.
 
depends which skin it is you are trying to use, i use a dreambox skin on my vuo duo HD Glass 16 skin, needed abit of menu changing but other than that it works a treat :p
 
Yes!! - Many thanks again to Andy and all the team for this great image - Just updated to 2.1.2 and using Magic-eHD and all is working fine. Just need to get OSCAM working now to get my pick TV back.

Thanks again - jgc115 :)
 
Avatar 'Unable to save image'

avtar has to be 150x105px if you still have trouble i'll add it for u

I tried jpg, gif and png... doesn't want to save it.

Could you add it for me, thanks
 

Attachments

  • Stick50jr.webp
    Stick50jr.webp
    3.9 KB · Views: 91
depends which skin it is you are trying to use, i use a dreambox skin on my vuo duo HD Glass 16 skin, needed abit of menu changing but other than that it works a treat :p

well as a test i tried to download all of the skins from the online update. when i go to install them i still get the progress bar moving as if its installing, then the message pops up no packages installed.

I can install any other extension just fine.

Thanks.
 
now thats strange :| you can install all other extensions but not skins?

Yes it is strange, i dont have an answer for it, in the skin menu i think there are 2 or 3 skins, the default ones that come with the image.

I tried to install as a batch and then seperatly but still cant do it.
 
the skins never install for me using memu/setup/software management, however they do work if installing from menu/plugins/download plugins.
 
I just wanna say a big thanks to Punisher and Judge for their help

I used the method judge suggested as it was a bit easier for me at this time because my router is down and now they all show up and working perfectly

Its probably a bug then by using the other method, i hope it gets fixed as it has the advantage of being able to install the items in one go as opposed to individualy. Still, its now sorted

Cheers :)
 
Is the path to update...Menu/Setup/Software Manager/Software Update ?


Thanks.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top