Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Update from 163 to 165

  • Thread starter Thread starter mann
  • Start date Start date
M

mann

Guest
Hi i have a strange one..trying to do a software update from 163 to 165 and it keeps telling me i have no network connection when i have..i can download plugins and do everything else over network like FTP etc no problem..?
Just to be sure I re flashed box fresh with build 163 and all is good set box up and ran software update,image updated to 165 fine but again when i select "check for update" its telling me i have no internet connection to box and does not run a check.
 
Hi i have a strange one..trying to do a software update from 163 to 165 and it keeps telling me i have no network connection when i have..i can download plugins and do everything else over network like FTP etc no problem..?
Just to be sure I re flashed box fresh with build 163 and all is good set box up and ran software update,image updated to 165 fine but again when i select "check for update" its telling me i have no internet connection to box and does not run a check.

Reflashed back to build 163 and all good when checking for update it searches and shows update 164 to 165 and gives update options..
I will wait for 166 as there is a definite problem for me with 165 as it tells me when on 165 when I manually check for update it states can not check for update as you don't have a Internet connection connect Ethernet etc.
 
No problem here with 2x TM Twin boxes on 165. A Software Update check merely returns the usual 'Nothing to upgrade' message. Have you tried - a. Restarting the network? b. Fresh flash to 165 rather than an online update from 163? c. Hitting your box with a sledge hammer - doesn't sort the problem out but makes you feel better for a few moments!
Seriously, you are obviously not a newbie, so I would guess you will have checked Menu/Information/Network to see if your LAN/WLAN is showing as connected and checked Menu/Setup/Network/Adapter Settings etc.
There are a lot of Vu+Solo2 boxes about, so you would think that plenty of others should report the same problem. If not, a fresh flash to 165 without settings restore is all I can think of!
Best of luck!
 
Hi yes done all the usual still same..using 163 it's as normal and checks for update and shows update to 165,but when I do software upgrade inbox to 165 then check again for updates it tells me it can not check for upgrade as box has no internet connection?..
I have also done a clean install of 165 and can install plugins etc from feeds but when I check for update tells me no network connection...Baffled.
 
Hi just had a thought this problem only started after trying the new Openatv 5.0 image
I did not like it so i flashed back a vix back up i made..
I am now still on 163 after trying 164-165 both tell me i have no net connection or feeds are unstable and to select allow unstable in settings
although i have a connection as i installed plugins and unstable feeds is selected as yes..I dont know what it is but can not use 164-165 as i wont be able to update via software update due to it not recognising i do have a net connection..
I flashed also openatv 4.2 latest image to see and had no issues with software update with that
Is there a solo2 bootloader...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If you haven't already done so, go to www.openvix.co.uk - latest bootloaders are top of the downloads and Vu+ latest set are 25 Feb 2015. Looks like one of the other images has left a box gremlin - happened to me numerous times when I was still experimenting with BH/OpenHDF/PLi/ATV etc a couple of years ago.
Hope that a bootloader flash then image flash will wave the magic wand for you!
 
If you haven't already done so, go to www.openvix.co.uk - latest bootloaders are top of the downloads and Vu+ latest set are 25 Feb 2015. Looks like one of the other images has left a box gremlin - happened to me numerous times when I was still experimenting with BH/OpenHDF/PLi/ATV etc a couple of years ago.
Hope that a bootloader flash then image flash will wave the magic wand for you!

Hi there don't seem to be a bootloader for the solo2.
 
The bootloaders are manufacturer generic, so the one showing for Vu+ is for all of their boxes, including your Solo2. Presume you have got all the important (and time-consuming) stuff FTP'd from your box to PC, so a bootloader flash followed by a new image flash will not take very long to setup again.
Nobody else has reported this problem yet, so it is likely that there is a leftover from one of the other images you were experimenting with. It is probably a network driver that is resident and is not being flushed out for some reason.
Look forward to reading that you have solved this little glitch - it seems unusual.
 
The bootloaders are manufacturer generic, so the one showing for Vu+ is for all of their boxes, including your Solo2. Presume you have got all the important (and time-consuming) stuff FTP'd from your box to PC, so a bootloader flash followed by a new image flash will not take very long to setup again.
Nobody else has reported this problem yet, so it is likely that there is a leftover from one of the other images you were experimenting with. It is probably a network driver that is resident and is not being flushed out for some reason.
Look forward to reading that you have solved this little glitch - it seems unusual.
If they are generic why do they list several boxes and the files are all different sizes? I would be very careful before doing this.
 
Bootloader is not built into image.

A bootloader is only provided by the manufacturer if it has changed from the initial one already on machines.
 
The bootloaders are manufacturer generic, so the one showing for Vu+ is for all of their boxes, including your Solo2.

Nope, the bootloader is receiver specific, if you flash the wrong one you will damage the boot sector requiring a j-tag to repair it. Only ever use the correct bootloader for your receiver.

p.s there is no bootloader update available for the Vu+ Solo2.
 
There is no bootloader for the solo2. It's built into the image.

Nope, the bootloader is pre-flashed to the receiver at the factory, it is not part of the image. and only updated as and when the manufacturer releases a new one.
 
Thanks I'm still pulling my hair out as I don't get what's happening.
Using a genuine solo2 from sponsor and using 163 box does what it should.
When I inbox update/software update from 163 to 166 all looks great but if I go to plugins tells me feeds unstable or no net connection and to enable unstable updates that is done already anyway or software update it tells me it can not check for updates as I have no net connection hence I can not check for future updates as it's not seeing I do have a net connection,I can download images in image manager and ftp into box..I'm at a loss as I can do everything in 163 box checks and shows 80 updates to 166 but if I update the above happens...
 
hence I can not check for future updates

I really would not worry about that, build 166 is very likely going to be the last in the Apollo series, providing we find no major issues in the next image, but it's looking good to go at this point.
 
Some new code was added to try and stop users of old unsupported images from raping our bandwidth as we were getting millions of hits per day on the server from images as far back as ViX 2.0, this code basically checks to see if the feeds are there and their status. Try a fresh flash to build 166 rather than using a update just incase its not getting the update properly.
 
Hi many thanks for your help...will do..looking forward to new image release..umm wonder what it's called
Athena? A female for a change,I like the sound of Hermes and it could be seen as Vix delivering images..
 
umm wonder what it's called Athena? A female for a change,I like the sound of Hermes and it could be seen as Vix delivering images..

Well that would be telling.
 
on vu duo2 update online went perfect.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top