Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno4KSE] Update problem

john765

New member
Joined
Jul 14, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Hi

I'm trying to update from OpenViX 5.3.034 to 5.3.037. My setting are being backed up and then I can see the updating message for a few seconds and it then restarts and I still have version 5.3.034
 
Hi

I'm trying to update from OpenViX 5.3.034 to 5.3.037. My setting are being backed up and then I can see the updating message for a few seconds and it then restarts and I still have version 5.3.034

How are you updating?

Method 1
menu -> setup -> system -> software update.

Method 2
menu -> setup -> vix -> image manager -> press yellow to download and select the version of vix 5.3 you want. after it downloads highlight the version and blue to flash

Method 3
Using a USB stick
Guides and images.....
https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php...r-usb-flashing-guides/vu-usb-flashing-guides/
https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/vu-plus-images/vu-uno4k-se/
 
The errors while perform a software update can only be seen if the update is done by command line. Otherwise it will be just guess work. Post back the error.

Code:
init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6

The other method to reach a newer image is to not perform an update but flash/install newer image and restore settings afterwards. The two process are different and adm listed them for you.
 
Last edited:
That is a minor bug which will only affect people starting clean and decide to install plugins from the FIW.

Fair enough, but he might be in that category.
 
How are you updating?

Method 1
menu -> setup -> system -> software update.

Method 2
menu -> setup -> vix -> image manager -> press yellow to download and select the version of vix 5.3 you want. after it downloads highlight the version and blue to flash

Method 3
Using a USB stick
Guides and images.....
https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php...r-usb-flashing-guides/vu-usb-flashing-guides/
https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/vu-plus-images/vu-uno4k-se/


I used method 1 and that didn't work. I have now tried method 2 and that worked. Thanks for the fast help.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top