Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET8500] Update to 4.2.012

It is a wired connection. When i have relfashed in the past and I have had the no internet connection message. I have always double checked that i have a working connection.

Would / could these 2 issues be connected? I am convinced it is not a config / settings issue as I have tried all different ways.
 
Last edited:
If someone is accessing the box from outside your home network, it's anybody's guess what problems you might be seeing.

Try unplugging the ethernet connection the next time you have tuner issues.
 
There is no one accessing my box from outside my network or inside my network fro that matter. Next time it happens I will take some pictures an post them.
 
Right... I have noticed something that has happened before it goes funny.

I cannot connect to the box from my PC. I have tried to connect to my box via the following

  • IP address = nothing.....
  • FTP = Could not connect to server....
  • telnet = nothing ""no route to host"" and when I restart it now I expect it will have the fault with no tuners.


What do you guys want me to do - how can I connect to the box to download any files it that may be useful?

THanks,
 
Last edited:
how can I connect to the box to download any files it that may be useful?

THanks,

Not related to your problem but during my dev days I got into the habit of setting a mounted USB flash drive as the save destination for crash logs and debug logs. This way if the shit hits the fan and you cant access the receivers flash for what ever reason you still have full access to the logs.

Just a tip for the future.
 
Thanks for replying. I would not have a clue how to start doing this but will try and learn.

I have restarted Network and I can access my box again now. But I get the feeling that this is related to the problem - i.e. the network drops out, box restarts, then for some reason I get the error with the Tuners.
Absolutely doing my nut in. feel like asking for an exchange, but I want to try an get to the bottom of it.

FP.
 
Thanks for replying. I would not have a clue how to start doing this but will try and learn.

I have restarted Network and I can access my box again now. But I get the feeling that this is related to the problem - i.e. the network drops out, box restarts, then for some reason I get the error with the Tuners.
Absolutely doing my nut in. feel like asking for an exchange, but I want to try an get to the bottom of it.

FP.

Easy. Just navigate to the logs manager section in the image and change the save point there. Sorry I cant be more specific But I have not delved further than watching live TV or recordings in almost 18 months on any receiver / image.
 
Any help of anyone?

I want to exhaust as many options as I can before I return the box as knackered. I really would like your help - next time the Tuners go faulty what do you want me to do. If I just reflash then we never get to the bottom of the issue.

FP.
 
Make sure you have debug logs enabled, and log to a usb preferably so easy to pull.... not in flash.

When you have the issue, restart the box and pull the log off (check the time stamp so it is the one covering the period:) ) using something like filezilla.... look under media/usb or sdb if using a usb or hdd otherwise and find the log folder.
Post the log :)
 
Hi

Firstly apologies if i am writing on the wrong thread but i'm having some problems with my box since i re-flashed it to to latest update. I have an ET8000 twin tuner from WOS, I recently re-flashed it with latest Vix image as i had an older version and only way to update was by re-flashing from what i read. The box is working perfectly, ABM, EPG etc with the exception that i am unable to watch 1 programme whilst another is recording, this is something i was able to do no problem until i re-flashed. Clearly it's something i have set-up wrongly but any advice on where to start looking would be much appreciated. To let you know whats happening, When i am recording BBC1 for example, it allows me to watch a few other BBC channels. But as soon as i try to watch ITV it says "No free tuner". It could be a simple tuner config problem but can anybody tell me what Tuner A & Tuner B settings should be? As i say, sorry if this is the wrong thread and TYIA for any help you can give me. :confused:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top