Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Updates showing even while on latest image

3 updates 5.4.002 within 3 days

Another update announced today.
These are the changes

OE-A-Core
06/11/20 20.53:46 Henry Schrapel - Revert enale USB-DVD drivers just for gbm200

03/11/20 21:05:50 Henry Schrapel - enable USB-DVD-drivers


I'll wait for your advice.
nekrub2

That’s exactly what I had, advice is to look at post #15 and do an install of .002 followed by restore settings and plugins.
 
Another update announced today.
These are the changes

OE-A-Core
06/11/20 20.53:46 Henry Schrapel - Revert enale USB-DVD drivers just for gbm200

03/11/20 21:05:50 Henry Schrapel - enable USB-DVD-drivers


I'll wait for your advice.
nekrub2

Those commits are not OE-A-Core, there are similar commits in OE-A-Core, but the author is henrylicious.

Also, one refers to gbmv200, not gbm200.
 
just did an update of my 2 duo2's but no update visible for the octagon SF8008.
 
3 updates 5.4.002 within 3 days

Looking at the GitHub logs using receiver is pointless. There are several pages. Unless a Release image is run, those changes won't be on the server that the box updates from.

If you had Kodi on 5.4 001, you will be stuck in this state of being unable to update that package.

Performing an update won't resolve the issue. You are wasting your time.



You have to flash/install 5.4 002 and then restore settings and plugins. Will take less than 5 minutes.
 
Last edited:
If you had Kodi on 5.4 001, you will be stuck in this state of being unable to update that package.
In case it's useful... Kodi hasn't been on my box, there may have been remnants of E2iPlayer -- I uninstalled it 'a while back' and remember being asked if I wanted to remove dependencies and said 'yes'.
 
Getting prompted for another update which has nothing listed

When I run the pkg command I get

Code:
root@et10000:~# opkg update && opkg list-upgradable
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/5.4/et10000/3rdparty/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openvix-3rdparty'.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/5.4/et10000/all/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openvix-all'.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/5.4/et10000/et10000/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openvix-et10000'.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/5.4/et10000/et10000_3rdparty/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openvix-et10000_3rdparty'.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/5.4/et10000/mips32el/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openvix-mips32el'.
Not selecting libx264-161 r2970+git0+4121277b40 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
root@et10000:~#

886347c63d156baf125c0232c69b19ee.jpg
 
The picture is git log for oe core. Press right or left to see the other updates. However that does not apply to you. We will have to look at the
libx264 package as that is what is causing the issue.

There is no need to show a screenshot of the git log pages. You have only shown one of them, you can press right/left to see the other pages. The command line log is useful and only way of showing the problem.
 
Last edited:
@iamateaf, which packages do you have installed? I think it should be:

opkg list-installed
 
I finally got rid of the update message by USB flash and restoring of old settings. Unfortunately my router had just an out during the restore. So I had to reset the router first and do the flash and restore again. To make things worse, the network settings were no more the same as the box got a new IP. At last everything is running again and I can use Filezila from my PC to the box.
nekrub2
 
I have asked one of the OE-A developers. However, he need logs from the build server. I don't have access to it.

Until issue is fixed, whenever the x265 package is updated, it won't update on ViX during an image update. You will have to install/update with "force" option or flash and restore.
 
This issue is back on 6.0 006. Affected users may need to flash and restore.

root@vuduo4k:~# opkg list-upgradable
Not selecting libx264-164 r2970+git0+19856cc41a as installing it would break existing dependencies.
root@vuduo4k:~#
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top