Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Updates

crx

New member
Joined
May 29, 2014
Messages
235
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
46
Hi Guys,

Do I need to re-flash the box if I want to updated to newer version of hades or can it be done from the box and will I loose all my settings?

Thanks
 
You can flash from hades 12 to 18 using a settings restore (i'm assuming that's the versions you're referring to).

However, always make sure you do a full backup of current image first just incase really.
 
Will it be a case of setting everything up again abm etc?

Thanks
 
i will always do a fresh usb flash and setup from scratch so not to add any bugs stored on previous image;)

the more you do it the easier it becomes.:thumbsup:
 
How do I go about doing a settings restore to upgrade to hades 18?

Thanks
 
If you are perforing an online update, you do not need to use a settings backup.

You only need to have a settings backup (which you can retore later) if flashing an image. As it happens a settings backup is normally made when performing an update.
 
Will I loose my recordings etc from the hdd?

Thanks
 
truthfully I've no idea, I just flashed it with the usb when I bought the box, how would I find this out?

Thanks
 
I asked the question so you understand.

Image is saved to flash memory. Recordings are not. If you flash an image, your recordings won't be touched.

Theonly thing that will affect teh recordings is if you format/initialise the HDD.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top