Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[TM-NANO-3T COMBO] Upgrading OpenViX from 3.9.7 to 4.2.001

  • Thread starter Thread starter AndrewSmith259
  • Start date Start date
OK, I have extracted the lamedb file from the settings backup. There appears to be only one file called lamedb. I issued the command init 4 and then sent the file lamedb back to the receiver. But there were no channels listed. I then rebooted the receiver and checked again and there are still no channels listed.

Looking in filezilla on the receiver side I have definately transferred over the lamedb file because the file size matches what I have in settings backup on my computer.

I am attaching a copy of my settings backup, if you are able to have a look at it.

Thanks again. I am sorry to take up so much of your time.
 

Attachments

I have loaded the channel data onto my receiver, worked fine. I note that you do not have any bouquets for the non 28.2 channels.

Try restoring this backup of your backup.
Unzip the file, you will then have a .tar file

Use bouquet editor in openwebif to restore them.
 

Attachments

What Bouquet Editor would you recommend?

I had a look at the file you sent me in WIN.ZIP and the file appears to unzip successfully with win.zip.

Is it ok just to copy those unzipped files into the appropriate folders on the receiver OR is it best to use the Bouquet Editor?

I won't copy any of those files over until I hear back from you in case you prefer me to use the Bouquet Editor. Thanks.
 
I was mentioning bouquet editor in openwebif

Anyway, new approach.

Put this file in the "backup" folder of the USB/HDD drive connected to receiver

Press the following buttons/options

Blue > Vix > Backup Manager > select Andrew.tar.gz > Yellow (Restore)


P.S
You have private message
 

Attachments

Thank you for your help.

I followed your instructions and I moved the file ANDREW.TAR onto my receiver. I then used the Restore function in Backup Manager to restore the file.

After doing this I found that all the channels on 13.0 E Hotbird have reappeared. I then checked 19.2E Astra and I was pleased to find that all my Astra channels have reappeared as well. I'll check the other satellite positions later today, but it looks as if everything is back as it was before.

I am ever so grateful for your help and assistance. I've certainly learned a bit from you over the last couple of days.
 
You should not use the internal flash memory for EPG.

Is your setup like this picture?
 

Attachments

  • twin tuner motor and 2nd cable.webp
    twin tuner motor and 2nd cable.webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 21
Yes, that picture looks like how my system is configured.

Everything seems to be working again now, I guess I need to do a bit more reading up on OpenVIX. I am probably not using it to its full potential.
 
Just updated my Vu+Solo 2 to 4.2.005 following this, thanks a lot, fantastic :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top