Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet

harpiks

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2013
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi All

I want to buy a USB gigabit adapter for my Gigablue Quad. But which one is the best - and which are supported?
Looking at this StarTech.com USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet. I know that the gigablue is not USB 3.0, but will it still work?

Thanks.
 
Ok - but it claims to be 450Mbit compared to the 100Mbit we have today ? So only double?
 
Thanks. I ordered it now. Will post results. Even double speed is fine compared to now :-)
 
I installed the adapter and he drivers was installed to. Everything works now.

The throughput is around 22-25 megabytes.

Now - when I transfer big files like a 8GB mkv file, then the throughput drops dramatically after transfering for a few minutes. The throughput drops to around 7-8 megabytes, which then at the end could mean, that the transfer would be quicker with the normal 100mbit connection.

Anyone have an idea to what happens here ? Is there a buffer I have to set higher or is this a driver issue?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top