Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[OS-mega] Using Service Alternates

Partymack711

New member
Joined
Jan 30, 2016
Messages
63
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,

im looking to understand a bit more about using 'alternative' settings on OpenVix

I know now you can set your preferred alternative tuner between Sat/Cable/Terrestrial and presumably this prioritises which tuner to use when recording?

i also want to know about using alternatives in different bouquets - I think you can nominate an alternative for each channel/service on your favourites. How does this work? Can anyone explain how to go this step by step and how it would benefit user?

i use a mixture of Sat and Terrestrial on my Edision combo, both channel lists are very similar. I would like to nominate a Terrestrial channel as an alternative if I'm watching a Sat channel and a scheduled recording is happening. At the moment a Sat tuner needs to be 'freed' which usually zaps from the service I am watching. I then have to switch to my Terrestrial channel list and find the channel I was watching.

Is is a simpler way to avoid this to use alternatives?

thanks.
 
Bring up your channel list using up/down key.
Highlight the channel you want, let's say BBC 1 on Satellite.
Press menu, choose add alternatives.
Press blue button once to pick an alternative in the same bouquet, twice to change bouquets.
Pick the alternative channel you want, say BBC 1 on terrestrial.
Press menu, choose End alternatives edit.

Now if you have a timer set for BBC 1 on Satellite & the tuner is in use, it will record BBC 1 on terrestrial.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
 
That's great Judge!

Sounds like it can do exactly what I'm looking for so.

Will try it this evening.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top