abu baniaz
Moderator
@Mickie, have you removed the default skin? I am not referring to Vix Night HD.
I don't think I have ... I mean, the default skin would be reinstalled each time I flash the Mut@nt with the latest OpenVix version? This is what I have listed under /usr/share/enigma2:@Mickie, have you removed the default skin? I am not referring to Vix Night HD.
root@mutant51:~# ls /usr/share/enigma2/
MHD-Common keymap.xml
Magic-FHD menu.xml
Magic-HD-Night mutant51.png
Simple_Ten_Eighty po
ViX-Common prev.png
ViX-Day-HD radio.mvi
ViX-Night-HD rc_models
YouViX-Blue rcpositions.xml
YouViX-Common setup.xml
black.mvi skin.xml
display skin_default
distro-logo.png skin_default.xml
encoding.conf skin_subtitles.xml
freesat.t1 spinner
freesat.t2 startwizard.xml
groupedservices unicable.xml
hd-testcard.mvi userinterfacepositionerwizard.xml
iso-639-3.pck videowizard.xml
<skin>
<!-- Skin: Default-OE-A skin, based on ViX Vs 0.33 by Andy Blackburn
. @www.world-of-satellite.com, based on ViX Night -->
This is not related to the new VirtualKeyBoard. I believe that this is a new feature to help users make new searches based on the current program title. You can make any changes to the current text to complete the new search. If you prefer just use the "CLEAR" button (the picture of the old style eraser on the bottom right of the keyboard grid) to clear the current text and start entering the new text as required.The text entry field is not cleared out when choosing New Search as it used to be.

No problem Ian, take your time. I'm grateful you're looking into it. This is not a function I use daily so I can wait as long as is needed.The skin fixes had to be reverted due to a problem with my submission. I am working on a fix at the moment and will try again soon.
Just for info, OpenATV are now using the same keyboard
https://github.com/openatv/enigma2/commit/0bead1bc5af8a0b1f7e30c3e1f9557408f26a4f6