Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Virtual keyboard bugs

Hi Nekrub2,

To help me make the changes you want could you please highlight what changes you would like made to the standard German layout. For example, you could capture screen images of the two German shift levels and then, in an image editor, mark how things should be changed.

Alternatively you could specify grid positions for each shift level and tell me what characters should be moved from where to where. Also what characters need to be removed and what characters need to be added.

Regards,
Ian.
 
Last edited:
Hi Abu,

What is the remote timer plugin?

Regards,
Ian.
 
Hi Abu,

I looked at the source code for that plugin and can't see any reference to VirtualKeyBoard or NumericalTextInput. The code does use ConfigList so it should already have an interface to NumericalTextInput and VirtualKeyBoard for any text based settings.

Regards,
Ian.
 
Hi Ian

I have created you a layout PDF for Swiss German and attach you two pictures out of thisKeyb_German_Swiss_Upper Case.webpKeyb_German_Swiss_Lower Case.webp.

Thanks for your help

nekrub2
 
Hi Nekrub2,

I am working on the Swiss keyboard option but I was not happy with my initial results. I am tweaking the design and will post the results for your approval soon.

Regards,
Ian.
 
Hi Nekrub2,

Please review the attached screen captures of the proposed Swiss version of the German keyboard. If these are acceptable I will commit the changes. If you want/need any changes please give me grid coordinates of each image and the change required.

Swiss0.webp

Swiss1.webp

Regards,
Ian.
 
Hi Nekrub2,

Can you please review the Swiss keyboard proposal. If I don't hear back within 24 hours I will submit this layout to the repository.

Regards,
Ian.
 
Hi,

Swiss German locale pull request filed with OpenViX and OpenPLi.

Regards,
Ian.
 
Hi Ian

Sorry for not answering you earlier. I have checked the layouts and they look fine for me. Thanks for you going the extra-mile.
nekrub2
 
Hi Nekrub2,

Not a problem. The new locale is now merged into the Dev builds and will be in the next production build as well. If any corrections are required please let me know.

Regards,
Ian.
 
Hi,

If there are any other locales required or any corrections required for any of the existing locales please let me know.

Regards,
Ian.
 
Is there a reason why people have to request for keyboards to be re-added? Surely all the ones that were there to begin with should have been included with the changes? Users can then request tweaks if required.

The person who removed them ought to add them instead of putting onus on people to request them to be re-added.
 
Last edited:
I'm using Confluence too, and yes it is now broken. It was fine a week or so ago.

There's a slew of changes for Simple_Ten_Eighty, iSkin-(Light/Dark), Vix-(Day/Night)-HD, YouVix-Blue and Magic-FHD here:
Code:
https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/commits/master/src/skins
which I should be able to adapt to get things working.
Still working on it. The basic functionality is now there (even if the background is currently the wrong shape and size...)
Delayed by various other things getting in the way (Linux kernel bug fixing/testing, directing bridge for the first time...) and not helped by forgetting to uncomment my changes, then having to find out which skin sections can be changed/augmented and which can only be totally re-written.
Now I need to make some new icons (especially a new one for Backspace based on the ISO standard, rather than the, to me, annoying DEL).
 
Hi Abu,
Is there a reason why people have to request for keyboards to be re-added? Surely all the ones that were there to begin with should have been included with the changes? Users can then request tweaks if required.

The person who removed them ought to add them instead of putting onus on people to request them to be re-added.
If this comment is directed to me then all I can say is that all the locales that were present in the source code when I started the refactor were in the source code when I finished. I am not aware of removing ANY locales during my efforts. In fact any locales from OpenViX or OpenPLi that were not included in one or the other were added to both. I also added quite a few of my own.

As you can also see asking me to add locales gets a simple, painless and prompt response. Is there a problem that I am not seeing?

Regards,
Ian.
 
4. For German there is only the choice of the Germany layout - the Swiss German layout, which was available before is gone.
I was going by this statement. So something was amiss. Lets hope any other locales which have disappeared on their own accord are identified and re-added.

BTW,
You can keep your sanctimonious, insincere and fake pleasantries towards me to yourself. Do not address me personally again.
 
Hi Poster,
I was going by this statement. So something was amiss. Lets hope any other locales which have disappeared on their own accord are identified and re-added.
Perhaps you should check your facts before posting.
BTW,
You can keep your sanctimonious, insincere and fake pleasantries towards me to yourself. Do not address me personally again.
I always reply to posts with a courteous and personalised introduction. I won't be changing that any time soon.

This comment has been reported to the moderators.

Regards,
Ian.
 
So either you or Nekrub2 is posting something incorrect.

As he used to use the keyboard and it disappeared, I am inclined to accept what he is stating. The image is for users to use. Changes are done for user's benefit.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top