guff daddy
Forum Supporter ,
- Joined
- Apr 8, 2010
- Messages
- 319
- Reaction score
- 2
- Points
- 0
I have a Samsung LE40A656 TV, an Onkyo TX-SR507 receiver and the Vu+ Duo running VIX 2.3 (great image guys - thanks for all the hard work). I don't have any other devices as for me the VU+ Duo does it all (my WD-HD media player is gathering dust in the corner). The Vu+ is connected to the Onkyo via HDMI and the Onkyo is then connected to the TV via the HDMI out.
The Vu+ remote therefore does nearly everything - up to now I only needed the Onkyo remote to power on and off the TV and Receiver and turn the volume up and down. Ideally I want the VU+ remote to do this and thought that HDMI-CEC would acheive this. I've enabled CEC (Anynet) on the Samsung TV and Onkyo receiver, and on the VU+ configured everything in the HDMI-CEC menu to "on" and this works to some extent - the volume control on the Vu+ remote will now turn the volume up and down on the receiver.
What doesn't work is the "Put TV into standby" and "Wake up TV from standby" commands - is there anything I can do to get these working?
The Vu+ remote therefore does nearly everything - up to now I only needed the Onkyo remote to power on and off the TV and Receiver and turn the volume up and down. Ideally I want the VU+ remote to do this and thought that HDMI-CEC would acheive this. I've enabled CEC (Anynet) on the Samsung TV and Onkyo receiver, and on the VU+ configured everything in the HDMI-CEC menu to "on" and this works to some extent - the volume control on the Vu+ remote will now turn the volume up and down on the receiver.
What doesn't work is the "Put TV into standby" and "Wake up TV from standby" commands - is there anything I can do to get these working?