Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VIX Team Vu+ Duo Image v1.1 - 26/09/2010

i did not spot a way myself to install manually with this image but it could be there? you can install manually by putting in tmp folder and telnet the following command to your box ----- ipkg install /tmp/*.ipk



edit: lol beat me to it sicilian :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks but I can't install it... I don't know what am I going wrong. Wouldn't it be possible to put online the Dreamexplorer plugin? I used it in some other images and it's pretty good to manual install packages. Thanks again for reply
 
Thanks but I can't install it... I don't know what am I going wrong. Wouldn't it be possible to put online the Dreamexplorer plugin? I used it in some other images and it's pretty good to manual install packages. Thanks again for reply

Do you have the ipk of Dreamexplorer?
 
under plugins/extension is filebrowser ....it can delete, rename and install packages
 
First of all, thank you for the image. Was a very beautiful image. Health in your hand.

Hiding in images, the channel would be prepared by the addition of new features.
Love from Turkey.
 
Hi all..

Got a wee problem with the new image..

Each time i do a restart.. the Vu does not keep the cccam as default..

I always have to go back into cccam in menu on Vu and select cccam 2.1.4

Any help with this please.. ??

btw.. cool image again..and congratres and great work..
 
Thanks to all involved for this fantastic image. your hard work and expertise are greatly appreciated.
 
With the first image I had a couple of green screens while I set up the basic settings. With this one none and what a great image for the second time out. Thanks to the VIX team. :)
 
hi

can you please tell me whether on this image there is options to DELETE channels from the "All" List please? It would be great to have this especially if theres kids at home as i dont want them to watch adult content?

please confirm if this is the case on V1.1.?

Thanks
 
arrow down/menu/remove entry
but it's more simple from pc and programs like dreamset or dreambox edit
 
1. For startup service, you need to install it from the plugins panel. iirc, it's Plugins -> Download -> systemplugins -> startupservice. Once installed, go to your bouquets, select the highlight the channel you want to always start up on, and press menu button...

2. Cron manager just requires you to create the cron file called "root" in /etc/cron (iirc)

Pooface had that done.. Just required a reboot to see it.

Audio on mytube player worked fine too after reboot.

The issue with Cron is where by I want to use the VU to wake up my media PC from sleep with this util...

WakeOnLan/Mount/Shutdown Plugin

What is the main function of WakeOnLan/Mount/Shutdown plugin ?

This Plugin supports the remote power on, power off, mount and
unmount of a fileserver or an other dreambox manualy over the
remote control or on boot and schutdown of the dreambox.


Which requieries are important ?

- To start a coumputer remotly. You need wake on lan.
If you will put on your remote computer, the BIOS and your
networkinterface have to support wake on lan. I'm not shure,
if the dremboxes support wake on lan. My 7025 does not
work.

Which components would be installed ?

On The dreamboxes and the fileservers a deamon/service
would be executed, to check if the remote computer is
online and shutdown the remote computer.

Additional on the dreambox works a plugin to control
the remote comupers.

How works the WakeOnLan/Shutdown plugin installation ?

Installation on a dreambox:

0. download and copy wakelan_1.1-r2_mipsel.ipk und wol_1.0_mipsel.ipk
heruntladen to nach /tmp
1. Make a telnet login
2. ipkg install /tmp/install wakelan_1.1-r2_mipsel.ipk
3. ipkg install /tmp/wol_1.0_mipsel.ipk
4. reboot

Installation on a linuxserver:

0. download and copy wol.gz to /tmp
1. Make a telnet/ssh einloggen or open a terminal on your
graphical desktop
2. cd /
3. tar -xjvf /tmp/wol.gz
4. reboot

Installation on WindowsXP,2000, usw.

1. WakeOnLanSetup.msi herunterladen
2. Im Dateimanager WakeOnLanSetup.msi starten
3. Windiws neustarten

How can I configure the plugin ?

On the Linux/Windows server is no more configuration
nessesary.

Configuration on a Dreambox:

The configuration works with the wol.config command on
a telnet session. Enter simply wol.conf.

First you add a new remotecomputer. You need a
computername, the IP address and the MAC address.
You decide additionaly, if you wan't to put on or off this
computer remotly during boot and shutdown of the dreambox.
Optionaly you can add a remote NFS/SAMBA filesystem.

Haw can I calc the MAC address:

Linux: On a telnet session put in ifconfig.

Windows: Klick on start-execute, put in cmd and execute,
and put in "ipconfig /all"

How can I check the configuration ?

1. Make a telnet login
2. wolctl isonline <Remotecomputername>

If the remote computer is online, wolctl says "Server (<remote computername>) is online"
If the remote computer is offline, wolctl says "Server (rRemote computername>) is offline"

If the remote comuputer is online and wolctl says this computer is offline, then put
off your firewall shortly. Make a new online check. If the check works, put on
your firewall and open the port 25255 on the firewall for your local network. It's
important to check if this port is closed on the internet.

On the blue key of your remote control, you can check if the remote schutdown and
wake request works fine.

if the wake up request does'n work:

1. Check MAC-Adresse.
2. Check BIOS settings.
3. You can put a wake on lan request, with the following telnet command:
wakelan -m <MAC-Adresse, z.B. 00:A9:35:2B:C5:F0>

On Linux you can check the Wake On Lan posibilty with the following
telnet command:

ethtool eth0

The following output tells you that the Networkinterface supports wake on lan:

Supports Wake-on: pumbg
Wake-on: g
 
So at half-time in the Arsenal match I thought "well, time to upgrade to the new VIX image".
I was finished by the time the second half started!

You guys are taking all the fun out of this hobby!!!

Seriously - great effort, this is becoming close to the perfect image. Once again, I'll ask - any chance of a port to the DM800??
 
Fantastic work guys.
Image keeps getting better and better.
If I only knew half of what ye had forgotten!!!
:-)
 
So at half-time in the Arsenal match I thought "well, time to upgrade to the new VIX image".
I was finished by the time the second half started!

You guys are taking all the fun out of this hobby!!!

Seriously - great effort, this is becoming close to the perfect image. Once again, I'll ask - any chance of a port to the DM800??

if you want buy us one, so i have dev box :roflmao:
 
Hi Andy
I'm sure i read somewhere on here that you have added the latest "Catseye E2 Settings File 75 East-58 West 20.09.2010" to the VIX v1.1 download server.
I've searched the bouquets and only the older 13.08.2010 is showing available.
Did i dream this or has it not happened yet? Thanks Paul
 
Hi Andy
I'm sure i read somewhere on here that you have added the latest "Catseye E2 Settings File 75 East-58 West 20.09.2010" to the VIX v1.1 download server.
I've searched the bouquets and only the older 13.08.2010 is showing available.
Did i dream this or has it not happened yet? Thanks Paul

i think i must have just forgot to update the Description. i'll take a look
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top