Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VIX Team Vu+ Duo Image v1.3 - 05/12/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys..
I got a wee problem.. about 3 times per day.. a message appears on my tv screen saying that :

Your box is going for its nightly shut-down ..
Do you want to allow this..
Yes / No

Please can anyone explain how to turn this off.. ??

Thanks guys..

it seems ok here, but i'll test further, can you give me your settings ?
 
Yup, Sherlock did the job. I even got ECM-time visible. :)
 
ok both are just random crashes, what EPG data are you using ?, are you using a swap file ?

Hi Andy

I'm not using a swapfile and I have set all the EPG options (EIT, MHW, freesat and ViaSat) to "on"
 
Hi Andy

I'm not using a swapfile and I have set all the EPG options (EIT, MHW, freesat and ViaSat) to "on"

what about, crossepg / RyVIX, your probably running out of memory, remember epg is stored in cache once enigma2 is running, try creating a swapfile, it will help loads
 
what about, crossepg / RyVIX, your probably running out of memory, remember epg is stored in cache once enigma2 is running, try creating a swapfile, it will help loads

No cross-EPG or RyVIX or other download-EPG's in use. I'm gonna try to use a USB-stick as swapfile storage.

Thanks for your swift reply and I let you know the result. (could take a while because of the random factor)
 
Hi there..apologies in advance about posting the question here but this forum is the busiest and hopefully I can get an answer from someone out there.....is there a procedure for installing a 3.5 inch hd internally as opposed to external connection.
I just bought the vu duo and cannot see where the drive slots in.
Sorry if its a dumb question but I need to make sure I do this right,.

Thanks for any help
 
Hi there..apologies in advance about posting the question here but this forum is the busiest and hopefully I can get an answer from someone out there.....is there a procedure for installing a 3.5 inch hd internally as opposed to external connection.
I just bought the vu duo and cannot see where the drive slots in.
Sorry if its a dumb question but I need to make sure I do this right,.

Thanks for any help
Here is the info you need http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/sho...lation-initialisation-illustrated-tutorial-v2
 
You have to remove the cover by removing the 2 x screws each side & the 3 at the rear. You will then seen where the drive rests along with the leads to connect. A simple job that will take you 5 mins.
 
Drive slots in? You need to remove the top of the box and place it inside.... Three scres around the back of the box....and dependent on the Box version...there might be 2 more screws, either side of the box.
 
No cross-EPG or RyVIX or other download-EPG's in use. I'm gonna try to use a USB-stick as swapfile storage.

Thanks for your swift reply and I let you know the result. (could take a while because of the random factor)

Well, problem still occurs after zapping thrue (a lot of) channels. I'm using an USB stick with 90 MB swapfile
and set all the EPG-data to this stick.

Here's my latest CrashLog....
 

Attachments

Originally Posted by Hamram
Will not boot up properly... Tried waiting with the mains off, then start up again, but for no good. Display read "Starting", next time "Stinging", third time "Stag ing"....



My box does this every now and then... Probably 30% of the time... This is the box itself being a bit pants... not the image

Just wondering, is your box still like this? If it is, it must be something wrong. If it will not boot 30 % of the time, I'd recommand you to take it back for service, before it gets even worse.
 
I'm a bit confused over all the different options in the EPG-section. Cross EPG, Ryvix, activate or not: EIT, MHW, freesat and ViaSat. What do I need, and can I do something wrong..? Which one is best, and is it smart to activate more than one option, or is this just stupid..?

Please direct me to an existing guide, if there is...
 
Thanks to the "Team" for VIX 1.3 which installed faultlessly on 3 different units. You should take enormous satisfaction from producing an image of such quality and capability.

-E2Royal-
 
CAM/EMU; is it possible to install cams ment for older DE BH images, such as 1.3.3F? Or will it not work..?
 
All relevent working cams for vix 1.3 are in the plugin repo

So I am aware of, but do they differ from the ones used in BH images..? I could of course try, but maybe it's for no good..?

Hypothetically: What if a Vu+ Duo running VIX, was connected to a BH server, would the installed cams from that server run on this Vu+?
 
no all cams are the same on images its 1 program just used in all images

the bh server is different to the vix server and connot be interchanged infact the is no way of interchanging them its embedded into the image
 
no all cams are the same on images its 1 program just used in all images

the bh server is different to the vix server and connot be interchanged infact the is no way of interchanging them its embedded into the image

Apart from selecting or adding a new source/server in: Software Management - Advanced Options - Edit Upgrade source of course...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top