Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VIX Team Vu+ Duo Image v2.0 - 09/02/2011

Andy/Sic, i can now access plug-ins and updates!!!!!!!!

The thing is i'm not entirely sure it is to do with you rebooting your server.
I re-installed v1.2 last night and still had the same problem.
As i mentioned, i was beginning to think my problem was router/modem related.
I was having trouble all night last night, with my Sonos music server disappearing as well as intermittent problems with my Netgear NAS.
This morning even my PS3 had trouble connecting to the lan and internet.

So this morning i nipped out an got a TP-Link 300m adsl/router. (£34.50 from Micro Direct)
I reasoned that my other troubles couldn't be related to the v2.0 update.
All my problems disappeared immediately.
Even if the problem was the feed server, i haven't wasted my money as it has cured other problems.

Not only is everything working perfectly, but my internet speed has jumped 2meg.

I have now updated VIX 2.0, and will set everything back up later tonight.

To others who may still have this problem.
I too tried different modems/router without success.
I can only assume the other modems/routers were faulty. (or Sic rebooting the server made the difference)
Only buying a new modem/router sorted my problems. (again assuming it wasn't the server reboot!)

Thanks too Andy/Sic...
 
Great news that you are sorted fulabeer and a nice speed-boost as a bonus :thumbsup:
 
Still no joy for me gone back to 1.3 for the time being, cheers for the help will check back frequently for progress...
 
Still no joy for me gone back to 1.3 for the time being, cheers for the help will check back frequently for progress...

I just reflashed this image to provide the Telnet response to the OPKG UPDATE as requested earlier by Sicilian. This was done after the server reboot and with a fresh download as requested by Sicilian.

It seems to fail out on the pingtest no matter what address i use! I started firing off pingtests at random and all seem to fail?
Very strange considering all EPG downloads and CCcam are working with no issue.
Hope its of some help to someone!


Welcome to ViX for vuduo



root@vuduo:~# ping www.world-of-satellite.com
ping: bad address 'www.world-of-satellite.com'
root@vuduo:~# opkg update
Downloading http://www.world-of-satellite.com/plugin_feed/feeds/vuduo/2.0/3rd-pa
rty/Packages.gz.
wget: bad address 'www.world-of-satellite.com'
Downloading http://www.world-of-satellite.com/plugin_feed/feeds/vuduo/2.0/all/Pa
ckages.gz.
wget: bad address 'www.world-of-satellite.com'
Downloading http://www.world-of-satellite.com/plugin_feed/feeds/vuduo/2.0/mipsel
/Packages.gz.
wget: bad address 'www.world-of-satellite.com'
Downloading http://www.world-of-satellite.com/plugin_feed/feeds/vuduo/2.0/vuduo/
Packages.gz.
wget: bad address 'www.world-of-satellite.com'
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://www.world-of-satellite.com/plugin_fe
ed/feeds/vuduo/2.0/3rd-party/Packages.gz, wget returned 1.
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://www.world-of-satellite.com/plugin_fe
ed/feeds/vuduo/2.0/all/Packages.gz, wget returned 1.
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://www.world-of-satellite.com/plugin_fe
ed/feeds/vuduo/2.0/mipsel/Packages.gz, wget returned 1.
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://www.world-of-satellite.com/plugin_fe
ed/feeds/vuduo/2.0/vuduo/Packages.gz, wget returned 1.
root@vuduo:~# opkg update
Downloading http://www.world-of-satellite.com/plugin_feed/feeds/vuduo/2.0/3rd-pa
rty/Packages.gz.
wget: bad address 'www.world-of-satellite.com'
Downloading http://www.world-of-satellite.com/plugin_feed/feeds/vuduo/2.0/all/Pa
ckages.gz.
wget: bad address 'www.world-of-satellite.com'
Downloading http://www.world-of-satellite.com/plugin_feed/feeds/vuduo/2.0/mipsel
/Packages.gz.
wget: bad address 'www.world-of-satellite.com'
Downloading http://www.world-of-satellite.com/plugin_feed/feeds/vuduo/2.0/vuduo/
Packages.gz.
wget: bad address 'www.world-of-satellite.com'
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://www.world-of-satellite.com/plugin_fe
ed/feeds/vuduo/2.0/3rd-party/Packages.gz, wget returned 1.
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://www.world-of-satellite.com/plugin_fe
ed/feeds/vuduo/2.0/all/Packages.gz, wget returned 1.
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://www.world-of-satellite.com/plugin_fe
ed/feeds/vuduo/2.0/mipsel/Packages.gz, wget returned 1.
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://www.world-of-satellite.com/plugin_fe
ed/feeds/vuduo/2.0/vuduo/Packages.gz, wget returned 1.
root@vuduo:~#
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Guys i miss something. I used ppanels in openpli and i made this simple script to delete EPG (epg.dat file):

init 4
rm /media/hdd/epg.dat
init 3

Problem is, i cant see any ppanels in this image, it is gone. So, is it possible to execute this, somehow?

Or maybe incorporate this in the image? Because now i have to start telnet on PC and manually enter these commands...
 

Attachments

Guy's I have a problem. I have installed the new image 6 times now and each time I loose the settings for 16E sat. If I install any other image not a problem I can setup in advanced 28,19,16.13,7 for motor easy, but with VIX 16 does not show it, I get something else and manual scan does not work??? I cannot get "Tring"

Anyone else have this probelm. Love the image, but for this bug......
 
I just reflashed this image to provide the Telnet response to the OPKG UPDATE as requested earlier by Sicilian. This was done after the server reboot and with a fresh download as requested by Sicilian.

It seems to fail out on the pingtest no matter what address i use! I started firing off pingtests at random and all seem to fail?
Very strange considering all EPG downloads and CCcam are working with no issue.
Hope its of some help to someone!

Did you try pinging world of sat's ip 178.162.185.236?
 
Guy's I have a problem. I have installed the new image 6 times now and each time I loose the settings for 16E sat. If I install any other image not a problem I can setup in advanced 28,19,16.13,7 for motor easy, but with VIX 16 does not show it, I get something else and manual scan does not work??? I cannot get "Tring"

Anyone else have this probelm. Love the image, but for this bug......

There is no bug that is causing this.
Have you tried what is suggested in this post: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6366-Eutelsat-16e-w2
 
Did you try pinging world of sat's ip 178.162.185.236?

Yeah I did, IP ping works fine, results below.

Last login: Mon Feb 14 13:27:10 on pts/0
root@vuduo:~# ping 178.162.185.236
PING 178.162.185.236 (178.162.185.236): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 178.162.185.236: seq=0 ttl=53 time=59.048 ms
64 bytes from 178.162.185.236: seq=1 ttl=53 time=59.671 ms
64 bytes from 178.162.185.236: seq=2 ttl=53 time=60.748 ms
64 bytes from 178.162.185.236: seq=3 ttl=53 time=60.475 ms
64 bytes from 178.162.185.236: seq=4 ttl=53 time=59.817 ms
64 bytes from 178.162.185.236: seq=5 ttl=53 time=62.265 ms
64 bytes from 178.162.185.236: seq=6 ttl=53 time=60.994 ms
 
There is no bug that is causing this.
Have you tried what is suggested in this post: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6366-Eutelsat-16e-w2

Nop not tried that. Seems strange that I install the factory VU+ Duo image (lastest) and it works fine - then I install the new VIX image and it disappears!!! What is changing the satellites.xml file - thats a bug is it not???

Thanks for the help I will go and have a go at editing the satellites.xml after I install VIX again.
 
Nop not tried that. Seems strange that I install the factory VU+ Duo image (lastest) and it works fine - then I install the new VIX image and it disappears!!! What is changing the satellites.xml file - thats a bug is it not???

Thanks for the help I will go and have a go at editing the satellites.xml after I install VIX again.

Nope no bug as it's nothing to do with the developers of the image as its a seperate download usually with a bouquet set
 
Nope no bug as it's nothing to do with the developers of the image as its a seperate download usually with a bouquet set

Thanks I understand what you saying, however I download nothing - just install the new image and in the setup stage there is no 16E!!!!!!!!!!! I never had this problem with the last image. If I install the old VIX image it's perfect.................. It might not be a bug to you, but trust me it is to me................
 
So have you sent your settings/bouquets file to the box? because you cant use restore your original settings on first setup as that causes problems (according to the release notes).
 
update your satellites.xml file and make sure that it is referencing 16.0 and not 15.8.
 
So have you sent your settings/bouquets file to the box? because you cant use restore your original settings on first setup as that causes problems (according to the release notes).

Mate as I stated I load nothing....... I'm installing a fresh image right now - see what happens.

Thanks you for your help
 
Nop not tried that. Seems strange that I install the factory VU+ Duo image (lastest) and it works fine - then I install the new VIX image and it disappears!!! What is changing the satellites.xml file - thats a bug is it not???

Thanks for the help I will go and have a go at editing the satellites.xml after I install VIX again.

for the record no it's not a bug, the satellites.xml file is just a small file that contains all the necessary data your receiver needs so that it knows what TP's to scan on what satellites. the problem is that a well known provider started to reference 16.0 wrongly as 15.8 east. just update the satellites.xml file it's a exceptionally easy fix and it takes seconds to do
 
The image does not come with a settings file so you will have download that before you scan any satellites
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top