Rob van der Does
ViX Beta Tester
Indeed you did something wrong:So far I have no luck in restoring my timers. After FTP'ing the backup file to the etc/enigma2 directory I check the contents, everything is OK. But after a GUI restart the timers.xml file is empty. Editing the file on the HD results in the same situation. Something I do wrong?
when Enigma2 is alive, most data is in live-memory. These data will be written (= saved) when E2 shuts down. You have seen the example: change whatever you want, but E2 overwrites that when restarting.
The proper way to edit files live on the box, is to stop E2 first (via the telnet command "init 4"), then do your editing, and finish with restarting E2 (via the telnet command "init 3").
I'm pretty sure you will never forget this!
Good luck and please report back if/when you succeeded.