Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ViX Team Vu+ Duo Image v2.3 - 19/11/2011

Can we expect also a new image for the Xtrend ET5000 in the near future?
 
it crashes by going >menu >setup>system>>epg>settings.

as regards to scanning the sats! no i havn't so far with this image, but on the provious i did many times.

regards: canthackit
 
Guys,

Thanks for all your efforts on this, good work.

I am a noob and previously had 2.2 on my VU+ Duo, I have just installed 2.3 and it has wiped a lot more than i was expecting ! All the cams and importantly the tuner configurations.

I have reloaded my channel lists, timers and just reinstalled the cams but i dont actually know how to configure the tuner.

Can anyone help with this? Also it would be good if future images didn't wipe that config :-)
 
it crashes by going >menu >setup>system>>epg>settings.

as regards to scanning the sats! no i havn't so far with this image, but on the provious i did many times.

regards: canthackit

did you restore any old settings, from 2.2 ?.
 
First thanks team for the old VIX 2.2 image it was so stable. I was in two minds wheather to update to this one but reading the this thread iam going to do it this afternoon. So thanks again all. :):):)
 
First thanks team for the old VIX 2.2 image it was so stable. I was in two minds wheather to update to this one but reading the this thread iam going to do it this afternoon. So thanks again all. :):):)

we fully understand that our users want more than any thing else stability. this is why we took so long and over 90 image builds before we were happy to release the image. of course we can never hope to iron out all the bugs but we believe we did a bloody good job in that department.
 
i cannot get the OSD to work so i've had to turn off overscan on the TV.
And that is the very best way to watch real HD-TV, and to prevent every pixel to be enlarged by 1.055 times.....
OSD is only a work-around for (mostly elderly) TV's on which overscan can't be turned off.

yes they are, where else can I put them?
Picons should ideally go to flash: that location is offered when installing them from the feeds.
Flash is by far the fastest location, and your modern box has plenty of it for much much more.

it crashes by going >menu >setup>system>>epg>settings. as regards to scanning the sats! no i havn't so far with this image, but on the provious i did many times.
This is a known issue if a system has been freshly set-up. Once you have been through several channels and loaded some EPG the problem should be over for ever.
 
Last edited:
I have been waiting ages for the function to resize the display.... i can now resize my display so it shows as it should..... a big big thank you to you guys. you have done an amazing job on this one :cool:
 
Hi folks,

I finally got the OSD to work on my Philips tv, I had to set the tv to Unscaled and now everything is perfect!

Thanks again lads, really stable release!

mcquaim
 
I thought best to wait and read some posts before I install this new image. I am making the assumption that we should not load any of the previous settings on this new installation. The other question is can we ftp some new settings, or do we have to scan our channels in.

Appreciate the hard work that has gone into this new image, and looking forward to trying it out.
 
I thought best to wait and read some posts before I install this new image. I am making the assumption that we should not load any of the previous settings on this new installation. The other question is can we ftp some new settings, or do we have to scan our channels in.

Appreciate the hard work that has gone into this new image, and looking forward to trying it out.


correct, do not restore your settings from other images or from the ViX 2.2, as for channel setting yes can just use Dreambox edit (or similar) to load your channels.
 
as andy said you can use premade bouquets or even back up your existing bouquet with dreambox edit and use that. but we recommend against restoring any backups made with the backup manager Blue button > ViX > backup manager from earlier images due to the number and nature of the changes made in ViX 2.3.
 
Guys,

Thanks for all your efforts on this, good work.

I am a noob and previously had 2.2 on my VU+ Duo, I have just installed 2.3 and it has wiped a lot more than i was expecting ! All the cams and importantly the tuner configurations.

I have reloaded my channel lists, timers and just reinstalled the cams but i dont actually know how to configure the tuner.

Can anyone help with this? Also it would be good if future images didn't wipe that config :-)

Pleae start a seperate thread, as this is not image related, its basicly a newbie setup problem
 
cant do a backup of settings. stops at 66%.
cant download any plugins, list is empty.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top