Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ViX Team Vu+ Duo Image v2.3 - 19/11/2011

i think that is skin issue, can you try one of ViX HD skins or Magic HD.


can you show me a screenshot of ViX Day/Night HD please.



Edit: it could be the translation files pm me your email address and i will send you the files so you update/check them

Hello, I want to remind You with polish font problem, email address is in Your inbox.
 
I have no need for CrossEPG since XMLTV plugin works just perfect for me.

Can CrossEPG be removed?
 
Can CrossEPG be removed?
No, why would you want to do that? You don't remove the passenger-seat from your car when driving alone, do you?

What you can do is to hide the menu-entry using the plugin "MenuSort". I do that with several menu-entries I never use.
The plugin "PluginHider" also does a good job for other entries.
 
@ andy seems i missed you mate.

still got the problems, and one more been added.

1: in spite of what ppl are saying as regards to the OSD it just does not work for me, when i open it up there's just a blank dialog box with OSD top left, and the date and time top right, and no matter how much pushing of the, up cursor, down cursor, left cursor or right cursor will get any response.

2: the epg settings still crash my box.

3: and now a new one coolman easy guide is crashing my box, see log.


and i've just done the software update.

regards: canthackit
 

Attachments

Last edited:
To be fair A lot of coolmans plugins don't work properly with ViX and thats a issue for the author to resolve.
 
This is one great milestone. Thanks alot. Great work.
There is one little problem, sometimes when zapping to a channel using CCcam, its black an nothing happens,
info bar is there but no picture. When switching to another channel and back, it works again. Happened twice today. Any ideas?
 
This is one great milestone. Thanks alot. Great work.
There is one little problem, sometimes when zapping to a channel using CCcam, its black an nothing happens,
info bar is there but no picture. When switching to another channel and back, it works again. Happened twice today. Any ideas?

load the newest released beta hardware drivers for the receiver.
 
Hi, new to all these. Upgraded to 2.3 yesterday and had issues with the OSD but sorted now. Also managed to install the Night Skin by pressing around. All looking great. Seems to be a lot more stable than 2.2 which I was using for 2 weeks and often crashed. Great work!

One question please. Can I make it to show a red 'Rec' indicator in front of my VU+Duo display so I know something is being recorded? I think it did show in 2.2 but not in 2.3. Thanks.
 
Hi, new to all these. Upgraded to 2.3 yesterday and had issues with the OSD but sorted now. Also managed to install the Night Skin by pressing around. All looking great. Seems to be a lot more stable than 2.2 which I was using for 2 weeks and often crashed. Great work!

One question please. Can I make it to show a red 'Rec' indicator in front of my VU+Duo display so I know something is being recorded? I think it did show in 2.2 but not in 2.3. Thanks.
2.2 rarely crashed on me, loved it.
2.3 hasn't crashed yet.
As for the recording indicator on the VU box, I do notice a difference. With 2.2 it was always on because I had PTS enabled & annoyed me because I couldn't easily see if a recording was happening.
Thankfully, it isn't on with 2.3, but it only seems to come on some times when actually recording, not sure when or why yet as it doesn't always show when recording.
Maybe instant V timer record?
 
Andy, struck me with this restart using oscaminfo with magic skin is that I also mapped my internal hard drive to hdd2 with ln -s /media/hdd2 /media/hdd/movie/hdd2 (I already have an ESATA drive mapped to /hdd) if this could have in some way caused a problem. I did notice on Vix 2.2 that when I did map this second drive I did get the odd restart using Oscaminfo where if I only had one hard drive there never seemed to be a problem. Hope this helps
 
Seems to be a lot more stable than 2.2 which I was using for 2 weeks and often crashed. Great work!
Hmm, a bit late now, but 2.2 was very stable. So if it wasn't for you, it would have been good to find the cause.
Anyway: if crashing occurs, please send us the crashlog, preferably via the build-in logmanager.


Can I make it to show a red 'Rec' indicator in front of my VU+Duo display so I know something is being recorded? I think it did show in 2.2 but not in 2.3.
This is a bug in the latest driver-release. It is known to VU+, let's hope they are working on it.
 
Hi and thanks for the new image - great stuff.

I used to make use of the volume control buttons on the VU+ remote on VIX 2.2 - these dont seem to work on VIX 2.3 - any ideas?
 
Hi and thanks for the new image - great stuff.

I used to make use of the volume control buttons on the VU+ remote on VIX 2.2 - these dont seem to work on VIX 2.3 - any ideas?

You could try going in to Setup/System/HDMI-CEC and turning it off. When this is on my Vu+ remove volume now controls my a/v receiver volume rather than the Vu+ volume - this is great as previously I could only change volume on SD (non AC3) channels as the HD (AC3) channels were passed through directly to the receiver.
 
Can i ask...it is possible to put bootloader on by ftp.method even though i know its. Not ideal
Usb does not and has neva worked for me and i want to use vix
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top