Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VU+Duo Internal HDD share and security / password / auth ???

  • Thread starter Thread starter forumid1
  • Start date Start date
F

forumid1

Guest
I have a VU+ Duo running latest VIX 2.3 with 3.1.1 Kernel. I have a hard disk installed in the box that I use to record to. When I browse my local network from a Windows PC, I can see the VUDUO device and the HDD Share within it. The only thing is that the HDD share is unsecured, anyone cas access it. Is it possible to password protect this and the root share on the network?
 
I have a VU+ Duo running latest VIX 2.3 with 3.1.1 Kernel. I have a hard disk installed in the box that I use to record to. When I browse my local network from a Windows PC, I can see the VUDUO device and the HDD Share within it. The only thing is that the HDD share is unsecured, anyone cas access it. Is it possible to password protect this and the root share on the network?

It's only unprotected on your internal network. You can turn off the samba share within network menu, and only have it available by ftp, which requires pass

Sent with Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top