E
edogg
Guest
They work fine for me
I am glad they work for you after a reboot they are also working for me today
Last edited by a moderator:
They work fine for me
In regard to stability... I've now disabled the power manager daily reboots to see whether this allows the dvb-t freezes to recur. I will let you know whether this remains an issue.
@dfdream,
My device is a usb dual tuner based on the af9035 (Avermedia Twinstar model a825). Normally I display the channel list, select one and then <okay> to change channel... that way I am more aware of what is available EPG-wise. Anyhow, I have just cycled through 15-20 channel changes with the <channel +> and <channel ->. No problems... not as fast as the embedded dvb-s2 tuners... takes between 1 - 1.5 seconds... tunes reliably. (My terrestrial signal has always been quite strong).
Spoke too soon! These rapid changes seem to have bought my dtt undone! I was using tuner C and it has become unresponsive and has a black screen. I then started a recording on tuner C (still a blank screen) then selected another dtt frequency and it displays happily on the second tuner D. So it was just the tuner C that has crashed. There was no tune failed message and indeed, on the second info bar (Magic HD) it shows tuner C as locked with plenty of signal... so it is just not displaying. If I wait after channel changing, I get a 'No data on transponder! (timeout reading PAT)' with a continuing blank screen even though the tuner appears to successfully tune to different frequencies and achieves lock with BER 0.
Tuner A&B (dvb-s2) and tuner D (dvb-t within the same usb device) remain okay.
Did a reboot (used restart from the menu) to get tuner C back.
Hmmm, we just released an upgrade.
And as the problem you mention is not a known one, I doubt if degrading would help you out. Maybe you'd better give us a chance to help you?
If there's a crash there's also a chrashlog. Could you post that here please?I am experiencing a new problem since the recent update. On some planned recordings after an 8 to 10 minute period enigma crashes and reboots and the recording starts again. I have checked the log file and there is nothing there so it will be difficult to find out what is causing this problem. Unless anyone has a suggestion I will do a fresh install and see if this sorts the problem out.
If there's a crash there's also a chrashlog. Could you post that here please?
And debuglogs can also be helpful (have to be enabled first).
If there's no chrashlog it was no crash (but an Enigma restart probably). Might be caused by memory problems. Do you have a huge EPG-import?As stated in my post there is no crash log but the problem does exists as it has happened on a few occasions. I think the only option is to do a fresh install and re load my files separately instead of using the backup feature.
I assume it is not necessary to enable the crash log, but will check the debug log.
If there's no chrashlog it was no crash (but an Enigma restart probably). Might be caused by memory problems. Do you have a huge EPG-import?
That makes no difference on this issue (if it is indeed an issue), as the EPG is in live-memory. The file is only read upon Enigma2 start and written upon stopping Enigma2.That is a good point and worth a look, where do you recommend the data should be stored, HDD or USB?
stick50jr,
I expected that you would have some problems and if the past is anything to go by you will have a lot more.
Ive been using the USB DTT (novat and sundtek) for over 12 months now and its been a total disaster.
Andy how are VU+ looking at this issue. They have to be aware of these issues.
Also Andy The DTT improvements you mention a few posts back, do they relate to the Sundtek tuner or just specific other receivers.
D
Well, I've just updated the drivers to 26/1/2012, still running ViX build 204. The DTT seems better. I haven't had a tuner drop out on me yet. Tried to stress it using the <channel +> and <channel -> keys. So far so good. As my tuner takes > 1 second (closer to 2 seconds) to tune a new frequency, I waited between channel changes until the pictures began before pressing another channel change key (avoided queuing multiple remote control key presses).
I don't want to sound too optimistic, so I'll report back in a few days to confirm whether I've had any DTT problems.![]()
Good to hear.
I have moved some of my DTT recordings to my VU solo to see how the DTT holds up with less recording and it hasnt given an issue in the last 4-5 days.
Lets see how you get on. BTW - what tuner have you and where did you get the drivers.
http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/
Good to hear.
I have moved some of my DTT recordings to my VU solo to see how the DTT holds up with less recording and it hasnt given an issue in the last 4-5 days.
Lets see how you get on. BTW - what tuner have you and where did you get the drivers.
VU+ changelog said:20120104
- Add interface to check genuine box
- Fix recording stop problem.
20120118
- Fix some DVB-CI modules recognition problem
20120126
- clean up and speed up dmx driver
That makes no difference on this issue (if it is indeed an issue), as the EPG is in live-memory. The file is only read upon Enigma2 start and written upon stopping Enigma2.
Only thing is that the latter might cause some delay if your HDD was asleep at the time of shutdown.
Best way to check if there is indeed an issue with the amount of EPG-data is to delete the epg.dat file (first stop Enigma2, else the file remains there). Then run your box and see of everything is OK, and if so, start a modest EPG-import.
The usb tuner is an Avermedia Twinstar (model A825) dual tuner stick based on the af9035 chipset purchased about a year ago on eBay. The device drivers are available on the ViX feed from build 204 (although there is no downloadable plugin yet). To install your have to use telnet and opkg install etc... a lot easier now that the drivers are in the feed.
The drivers that I have updated wef 26 Jan 2012 are the ones for VUDUO machine from VU+... see the link provided by phoenix above. They claim to have cleaned up the dmux routines... it certainly works noticeably better.
cheers